Topics

colonial game

Ed

Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

Kochese (Larry)

Thanks for putting on the game, Ed. It was fun. The great Naval battle on the River to Nowhere.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

Michael M

Sorry to miss this one.  Looked really interesting based on the photo.  Durn pandemic!  Waiting to get the vaccine, then I think I can rejoin the team without putting the wife at risk.

In the meantime, working on multiple projects.  Oh boy, new (well, old but painted) stuff to play with!

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:
Thanks for putting on the game, Ed. It was fun. The great Naval battle on the River to Nowhere.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

Sylvain Durand

It looked like a good game
I hope you can join us soon Michael. After a long wait, I am afraid that you will be rolling like a Las Vegas champion

Sylvain

On Feb 7, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Michael M via groups.io <madmachell@...> wrote:

Sorry to miss this one.  Looked really interesting based on the photo.  Durn pandemic!  Waiting to get the vaccine, then I think I can rejoin the team without putting the wife at risk.

In the meantime, working on multiple projects.  Oh boy, new (well, old but painted) stuff to play with!

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:
Thanks for putting on the game, Ed. It was fun. The great Naval battle on the River to Nowhere.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

Kochese (Larry)

Getting our shots next Thursday.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Michael M via groups.io <madmachell=sunflower.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sorry to miss this one.  Looked really interesting based on the photo.  Durn pandemic!  Waiting to get the vaccine, then I think I can rejoin the team without putting the wife at risk.

In the meantime, working on multiple projects.  Oh boy, new (well, old but painted) stuff to play with!

Michael Machell

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:
Thanks for putting on the game, Ed. It was fun. The great Naval battle on the River to Nowhere.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:03 AM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

El Rolando

Looks like it was a good game. Going through a busy time and transitioning to a new job, but I will back and bringing a guest on the 27th for Hougoumont! I will consider it a French victory if Baduin lives.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021, 11:03 Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:
[...]

Bob

I will consider it a French victory if they capture Hougoumont.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 11:09 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

[...]

That looks  like it was a nice change of pace.

From: Ed <ekj2908@...>
Date: 2/7/21 10:03 (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] colonial game

Managed to only get one pic from the game Saturday.  British try to raid a Turk village, but somehow there was a fortress full of Germans right next to it.

Great foolish fun with the Roolz 4 Foolz.

Bob

Here’s a few more pics of the disastrous British attack on the small village which was defended only by a few widows and orphans.

Sylvain Durand

What a beautiful game !!!

Sylvain

On Feb 7, 2021, at 1:19 PM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

Here’s a few more pics of the disastrous British attack on the small village which was defended only by a few widows and orphans.

<1D700D3B-8842-416C-A601-01C8B736C12A.jpeg>
<1A58AC68-8B8D-4208-8F75-23CC641080BF.jpeg>
<F94DADF6-F536-4774-941A-0C313D221357.jpeg>
<98CB1B68-B2A6-46C1-ABCB-1C5AFB3D8649.jpeg>
<A668D966-2EF4-4C6F-815B-37D76D0FFE32.jpeg>
<9D36DF30-DD58-4F4C-AF12-53612C7DD2EE.jpeg>
<9CCD0FDF-0AAD-4E6C-BA23-DD3A89B212C0.jpeg>
<DB88EF91-1A1C-4A79-99C0-FBD43006CEF7.jpeg>
<90AF6E61-09E1-447E-90E6-FE8C87700A7C.jpeg>
<07F7C9E5-63E4-4535-98EB-E243B27C5544.jpeg>

Bob

If you’ve never played in one of Ed’s colonial games you have definitely missed out on some fun.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 1:30 PM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

What a beautiful game !!!

Sylvain

On Feb 7, 2021, at 1:19 PM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

Here’s a few more pics of the disastrous British attack on the small village which was defended only by a few widows and orphans.

<1D700D3B-8842-416C-A601-01C8B736C12A.jpeg>
<1A58AC68-8B8D-4208-8F75-23CC641080BF.jpeg>
<F94DADF6-F536-4774-941A-0C313D221357.jpeg>
<98CB1B68-B2A6-46C1-ABCB-1C5AFB3D8649.jpeg>
<A668D966-2EF4-4C6F-815B-37D76D0FFE32.jpeg>
<9D36DF30-DD58-4F4C-AF12-53612C7DD2EE.jpeg>
<9CCD0FDF-0AAD-4E6C-BA23-DD3A89B212C0.jpeg>
<DB88EF91-1A1C-4A79-99C0-FBD43006CEF7.jpeg>
<90AF6E61-09E1-447E-90E6-FE8C87700A7C.jpeg>
<07F7C9E5-63E4-4535-98EB-E243B27C5544.jpeg>

Michael M

Only if you let me use my "personal" dice, Sylvain.

From: "Sylvain Durand via groups.io" <Sylvainnc@...>
Date: 2/7/21 1:30 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

What a beautiful game !!!

Sylvain

On Feb 7, 2021, at 1:19 PM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

Here’s a few more pics of the disastrous British attack on the small village which was defended only by a few widows and orphans.

<1D700D3B-8842-416C-A601-01C8B736C12A.jpeg>
<1A58AC68-8B8D-4208-8F75-23CC641080BF.jpeg>
<F94DADF6-F536-4774-941A-0C313D221357.jpeg>
<98CB1B68-B2A6-46C1-ABCB-1C5AFB3D8649.jpeg>
<A668D966-2EF4-4C6F-815B-37D76D0FFE32.jpeg>
<9D36DF30-DD58-4F4C-AF12-53612C7DD2EE.jpeg>
<9CCD0FDF-0AAD-4E6C-BA23-DD3A89B212C0.jpeg>
<DB88EF91-1A1C-4A79-99C0-FBD43006CEF7.jpeg>
<90AF6E61-09E1-447E-90E6-FE8C87700A7C.jpeg>
<07F7C9E5-63E4-4535-98EB-E243B27C5544.jpeg>

What weapons are on your Victorian tank model?  I'll make some rules for that.  Do we have some elephant mounted artillery as well?  I think there is a balloon somewhere iirc?

For the spar torpedoes I think I will do a roll "to hit" like a ram or grappling action, then 4 or so dice for effect, like artillery fire- with the possibility you blow your own self up too.

On 2/7/2021 11:03 AM, Kochese (Larry) wrote:
[...]

There’s no balloon. There is a steam powered blimp.
I have lots of elephants. Just use some as limbers.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 3:44 PM, Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:

 Larry

[...]

There’s also a few early planes if you really want to go crazy.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 4:58 PM, Bob via groups.io <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

The main gun is a 17lber. The wheels are scythed. Riflemen inside. Power ram with heavy chains attached.