Bataille Empire-Learning Game - Wed, 05/05/2021 10:30am-2:30pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>

Reminder: Bataille Empire-Learning Game

When: Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:30am to 2:30pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Dan

Pleases note that the game is on Wednesday and starts at 10:30 AM.

It’s a learning game so the battle is fictitious.

15mm Napoleonics
Room for 4. (Plus or minus)

PLEASE RSVP

Dan H

The Battle will be 1815 General Gerard’s 4th Corps d’Armee vs General Ziethen’s IV ArmeeKorps.

If you can make this one I will be happy to teach on many an occasion.

When: Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:30am to 2:30pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Dan

Pleases note that the game is on Wednesday and starts at 10:30 AM.

It’s a learning game so the battle is fictitious.

15mm Napoleonics
Room for 4. (Plus or minus)

PLEASE RSVP

Sylvain Durand

Dan
I have to work but it is great to have a Napoleonic Game on the 200th anniversary of Napoleon's death

Vive l'Empereur !!!

Sylvain

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 10:53:56 AM MST, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

The Battle will be 1815 General Gerard’s 4th Corps d’Armee vs General Ziethen’s IV ArmeeKorps.

If you can make this one I will be happy to teach on many an occasion.

When: Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:30am to 2:30pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Dan

Pleases note that the game is on Wednesday and starts at 10:30 AM.

It’s a learning game so the battle is fictitious.

15mm Napoleonics
Room for 4. (Plus or minus)

PLEASE RSVP

Bob

Edited

Thank you Dan for teaching us old dogs some new tricks. Bataille Empire is quite different from other Nappy games I’ve played.

Here are a few pictures from today’s game.

Dan H

Thanks Bob, sorry I focused on rolling through the game and not stopping to instruct more carefully on mechanics. Also put a touch too many troops on the table for a teaching game. Alas.

As for a result for those who weren’t there. The French Corps was styimed by the Prussians as they took too many losses to complete their punch through to cut the Prussian line of communications. But the Prussians were reasonably savaged too. The heroes of the day were the some Prussian Landwehr cavalry who advised not to charge the French line advancing on them choose to do so anyway. The resulting 6-1 split on the dice, rudely chased off the French who were able to avoid being lanced in the back only because there was another French line coming up right behind them.

Bob

You say it was because of the dice!
P’shaw !!

I say it was superior Generalship and tactical acumen that saved the day for Prussia and sent Boney and his band of misfits scrambling back to Paris.

Ed

Hey Dan

Thanks for running the game, sorry I had to leave early.  As a rule set i think it has something to offer, do you have some stuff you can upload to the files section?  I'd like to see the rosters we used and maybe the QRS to review.

Ed

On 5/6/2021 10:03 AM, Dan H wrote:

Thanks Bob, sorry I focused on rolling through the game and not stopping to instruct more carefully on mechanics. Also put a touch too many troops on the table for a teaching game. Alas.

As for a result for those who weren’t there. The French Corps was styimed by the Prussians as they took too many losses to complete their punch through to cut the Prussian line of communications. But the Prussians were reasonably savaged too. The heroes of the day were the some Prussian Landwehr cavalry who advised not to charge the French line advancing on them choose to do so anyway. The resulting 6-1 split on the dice, rudely chased off the French who were able to avoid being lanced in the back only because there was another French line coming up right behind them.

Michael M

Sounds like fun.  Keep me in the loop.  I may be able to join these mid-week games now that I have joined the retired geezer club: )