Rulesets for modern warfare

Sylvain Durand

Team,

I have plenty of armies for modern warfare. From black hawk down to now. 1-1 scale. Mostly infantry with a few vehicles
Scale would be each player with a squad or two. About a platoon or two for the western powers.

I plan to run games in a few months. I have used Force on Force / Ambush alley

Does anybody know any other rulesets that work well ?

I like Cold War Commander. It's not one on one. Company to Division. Flows well and games get a conclusion.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 12:36 PM Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Team,

I have plenty of armies for modern warfare. From black hawk down to now. 1-1 scale. Mostly infantry with a few vehicles
Scale would be each player with a squad or two. About a platoon or two for the western powers.

I plan to run games in a few months. I have used Force on Force / Ambush alley

Does anybody know any other rulesets that work well ?

Personally I prefer Age of Discovery (Modern Mods Version) for modern 1-on-1 games.

The checkerboard tactics work real well in the modern setting :-)

JC

PS.  I agree Sylvain, Warfare in the Age of Reason is one of my favorite rule sets because it makes you obsess about flanks - Linear Warfare anyone???