Topics

Upcoming Event: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided - Sat, 06/27/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>

Reminder: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided

When: Saturday, 27 June 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Sylvain

Team
We will be using the following rules on Saturday.

Sylvain

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:00:03 PM MST, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided

When: Saturday, 27 June 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Sylvain

Big Maybe.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 12:25 PM Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Team
We will be using the following rules on Saturday.

Sylvain

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:00:03 PM MST, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided

When: Saturday, 27 June 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Sylvain

Would "Multi Retinues" sound better?

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 01:53:29 PM MST, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

Big Maybe.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 12:25 PM Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Team
We will be using the following rules on Saturday.

Sylvain

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:00:03 PM MST, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided

When: Saturday, 27 June 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Sylvain

Team
Here is the order of battle for Saturday's battle
I will let the players reorder the battle lines, as long as every retinue is at least 24 points

Army

Division

Unit Name

Lion Rampant Name

Points

Moors

Left

Andalusian Archers

Archers

4

Moors

Left

Andalusian Crossbowmen

Crossbowmen

4

Moors

Left

Andalusian Jinetes with Bows

Mounted Yeomen

4

Moors

Left

Andalusian Noble Cavalry

Mounted Serjeants

4

Moors

Left

Andalusian Noble Cavalry

Mounted Serjeants

4

Moors

Left

Andalusian Spearmen w Armor

Foot Serjeants

4

Moors

Center

Andalusian Archers

Archers

4

Moors

Center

Andalusian Jinetes

Mounted Yeomen with Javelins

3

Moors

Center

Andalusian Jinetes

Mounted Yeomen with Javelins

3

Moors

Center

Andalusian Jinetes

Mounted Yeomen with Javelins

3

Moors

Center

Andalusian Mounted Crossbowmen

Mounted Serjeants with Crossbow

4

Moors

Center

Andalusian Skirmishers

Foot Yeomen Javelins

4

Moors

Center

Andalusian Skirmishers

Foot Yeomen Javelins

4

Moors

Center

Andalusian Spearmen

Foot Yeomen

3

Moors

Right

Andalusian Archers

Archers

4

Moors

Right

Andalusian Crossbowmen

Crossbowmen

4

Moors

Right

Andalusian Jinetes with Bows

Mounted Yeomen

4

Moors

Right

Andalusian Noble Cavalry

Mounted Serjeants

4

Moors

Right

Andalusian Noble Cavalry

Mounted Serjeants

4

Moors

Right

Andalusian Spearmen w Armor

Foot Serjeants

4

Moors

Reserve

Black Guard

Foot Men-at-Arms

6

Moors

Reserve

Black Guard

Foot Men-at-Arms

6

Moors

Reserve

Elite Berber Archers

Archers Elite

6

Moors

Reserve

Hasham Mounted Guard

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Left

Spanish Archers

Archers

4

Spanish

Left

Spanish Crossbowmen

Crossbowmen

4

Spanish

Left

Spanish Javelinmen

Foot Yeomen Javelins

4

Spanish

Left

Spanish Jinetes

Mounted Yeomen with Javelins

3

Spanish

Left

Spanish Mounted Knights

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Left

Spanish Spearmen

Foot Yeomen

3

Spanish

Center

Spanish Javelinmen

Foot Yeomen Javelins

4

Spanish

Center

Spanish Mounted Knights

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Center

Spanish Spearmen w Armor

Foot Serjeants

4

Spanish

Center

Spanish Spearmen w Armor

Foot Serjeants

4

Spanish

Center

Spanish Spearmen w Armor

Foot Serjeants

4

Spanish

Center

Spanish Slingers

Slingers

4

Spanish

Center

Spanish Slingers

Slingers

4

Spanish

Right

Spanish Archers

Archers

4

Spanish

Right

Spanish Crossbowmen

Crossbowmen

4

Spanish

Right

Spanish Javelinmen

Foot Yeomen Javelins

4

Spanish

Right

Spanish Jinetes

Mounted Yeomen with Javelins

3

Spanish

Right

Spanish Mounted Knights

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Right

Spanish Spearmen

Foot Yeomen

3

Spanish

Reserve

Spanish Guards

Foot Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Reserve

Spanish Guards

Foot Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Reserve

Spanish Mounted Knights

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

Spanish

Reserve

Spanish Mounted Knights

Mounted Men-at-Arms

6

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:00:03 PM MST, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Game Day: Lion Rampant Moors vs Spanish 100 Pts each. Armies provided

When: Saturday, 27 June 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

Organizer: Sylvain

Great game Sylvain!  The figures were fantastic, a lot of hard work to good result.  We should do it again soon.

I was too engaged to take any photos. does anyone have some?

On 6/25/2020 9:39 AM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I don’t think anyone took any pictures.

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:25 PM, Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:

[...]

Edited

Ed and Bob
It was fun but it looks like Lion Rampant is kind of limited for big battles
Next Batlle will use Tactica Medieval
Here are the pictures I took

Sylvain

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:27 PM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

And congratulations to El Rolando retinue that fought through a rain of arrow to hammer the right flank of the Moors. There was a mountain of casualties on this flank

Sylvain

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:56 PM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc@...> wrote:

Ed and Bob
It was fun but it looks like Lion Rampant is kind of limited for big battles
Next Batlle will use Tactica Medieval
Here are the pictures I took
<image0.jpeg>
<image1.jpeg>
<image2.jpeg>

[...]

El Rolando

It was a blast, as far as surviving the mountain of arrows, I will pretend that it was sound strategy on my part rather than a Bob Ross happy accident!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:56 PM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Sorry I missed this one.  It looks great and Lion Rampant is always a great set of rules to use for our games.

I would like to try out Tactica Medieval.  I have a copy but have never played it.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 09:56 PM, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <sylvainnc@...> wrote:
[...]

The chroniclers of this battle will record the brave deeds of the heroes who fell, but will curse the "Basque Butcher" who commanded them.

Sorry...just watched the "Grant" series on the History Channel and this made me think of all the criticism he received for taking Lee head on.  Correct strategy, but the armchair commanders had to have their say.

Hope to see it on the table again, Sylvain, when we are able to get together again.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:37 PM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:
[...]

Sylvain,

Glad you guys had a good game.

Always glad to see your paint jobs.  When you have time could you post a few shots of individual figures, or of figure groups?

JC

On Saturday, June 27, 2020, 09:56:36 PM MST, Sylvain Durand via groups.io <sylvainnc@...> wrote:

[...]

What happened to your video camera?   I thought you were going to follow up the enthralling "Bob's Trash Heap" with a YouTube feature called "Wargamers".   What would be the appropriate signature tune I wonder?

JC

On Saturday, June 27, 2020, 09:27:36 PM MST, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

John
We just had too much fun.
We forgot to take pictures. :-)

Sylvain

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:06 PM, John C via groups.io <curranjohng@...> wrote:

[...]

The armies, both figures and paint were Mag-ni-fi'! Looked Fantastic. It would have been nice to have some period terrain....Bob.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:37 PM Sylvain Durand via groups.io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
John
We just had too much fun.
We forgot to take pictures. :-)

Sylvain

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:06 PM, John C via groups.io <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I know, I definitely used the wrong trees and hills.

On Jun 28, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the compliment about the miniatures.
I will build trays and start building armies for tactica
I need to paint my Middle eastern buildings.
And assemble new trees
One more project on the painting line

Sylvain

On Jun 28, 2020, at 1:43 PM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

Were the appropriate rotting carcasses on the medieval trash heaps?   Realism demands it!!

JC

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 01:43:35 PM MST, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, someone laid a "silent-but-deadly" that smelled pretty bad.
Does that count ?