The Spanish Inquisition?

Ed

Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

El Rolando

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

JC

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

We should all be Monty Python addicts! Especially when it comes to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

 It's just a flesh wound.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Did someone mention

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Dan H

No follow Brian.  He has given us a sign.

Splinter!

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

El Rolando

Everybody loves Monty Python, especially my good friend in Rome Biggus.... Dickus.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

😱

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Dan H

He has a whyfe you know....  her name is....

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

This is starting to get really SAD.  Back to toy soldiers or I'll sic the rabbit on you.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

That rabbit has big teeth.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Monty Python is not an addiction.  It is a philosophy of life...the meaning of life.

Why do you think I walk this silly way and nail my parrot to its perch?

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 6/12/20 7:34 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Michael M

I'm sorry...you called?

Michael Machell a.k.a. B.D.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

This is not an argument!

JC

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 6/12/20 7:34 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Mike Dolan

Where is the Comfy Chair?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 1:06 PM Dan H <danh@...> wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

--
Mike Dolan

Mike Dolan

She's called... 'Incontinentia'. 'Incontinentia Buttocks'

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Mike Dolan

Bob

She’s a witch, burn her!
She turned me into a newt!

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Mike Dolan

Mike Dolan

Tourist (Terry Jones: Good afternoon.

Shepherd (Graham Chapman): Afternoon

Tourist: Ah, lovely day isn't it?

Shepherd: Ar, 'tis that.

Tourist: Are you here on holiday or...?

Shepherd: No, no, I live 'ere.

Tourist: Oh, jolly good. I say, those ARE sheep aren't they?

Shepherd: Yeh.

Tourist: Yes yes, I though so. Only, why are they up in the trees?

Shepherd: A fair question and one that in recent weeks 'as been much on my mind. It's my considered opinion that they're nestin'.

Tourist: Nesting?

Shepherd: Aye.

Tourist: Like birds?

Shepherd: Exactly. Birds is the key to the whole problem. It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet. (Baaa baaa... flap flap... thud.) Observe for example that ewe in that oak tree. She is clearly trying to teach her lamb to fly. (baaaaa... thud) Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Tourist: Yes, but why do they think they're birds?

Shepherd: Another fair question. One thing is for sure, the sheep is not a creature of the air. They have enormous difficulty in the comparatively simple act of perchin'. (Baaa baaa... flap flap... thud.) As you see. As for flight its body is totally unadapted to the problems of aviation. Trouble is, sheep are very dim. Once they get an idea in their 'eads, there's no shiftin' it.

Tourist: But where did they get the idea from?

Shepherd: From Harold. He's that sheep over there under the elm. He's that most dangerous of animals, a clever sheep. He's the ring leader. He has realized that a sheep's life consists of standin' around for a few months and then bein' eaten. And that's a depressing prospect for an ambitious sheep. He's patently hit on the idea of escape.

From: "John C via groups.io" <curranjohng=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: 6/12/20 19:34 (GMT-07:00)

There you go............the Monty Python addicts in the group are identified!

JC

On Friday, June 12, 2020, 01:47:32 PM MST, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 13:43 Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:
Didn't expect that!!

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Mike Dolan

--
Mike Dolan

Ed

Edited

Rules for the Spanish Inquisition to add some religious fanaticism to your wargames:

The two special rules are....

RULE 1) New Unit
The Spanish Inquisition is a unit composed of 3 figures; Chief Inquisitor Cardinal Ximinez, and assistant Inquisitors Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang.
They always arrive together and must stay within 2" of each other at all times.  They have nice red uniforms.

RULE 2) Nobody Expects them
At the start of each turn, roll a die or some dice.  If the correct number is rolled, they will appear.  Your opponent must choose where not to place them.

RULE 3) Confess!!
When they arrive they will move immediately towards the nearest figure and accuse him of heresy on 3 counts.  Or is that 4 counts?
The accused figure will have 2 last chances to confess, or maybe 3.  Let's make that 1 to 3 chances, roll a d3.  If there is no confession they will use their weapons.

RULE 4) Weapons
Their two chief weapons are Fear, Surprise, and Ruthless Efficiency.  They also are armed with "The Rack", "The Soft Cushions" and "The Comfy Chair"
However none of these weapons have any effect in game terms for some reason.

RULE 5) Special
An Almost Fanatical Devotion to the Pope - if they fail to get a confession after the 4 last chances they will come in again and start over..

On 6/12/2020 1:06 PM, Dan H wrote:
The Spanish Inquisition?

Michael M

Love the rules! Let's use them.

[...]