Topics

Upcoming Event: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf - Sat, 05/16/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>

Reminder: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf

When: Saturday, 16 May 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:The War Room

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Larry

Description: In anticipation of the lockdown being lifted on the 15th, this will be our first post-apocalypse game.
Hopefully this nonsense wont be extended again.

The Battle of Meusdorf  1813
French vs Russians on the outskirts of Leipzig. 

RULES: La Petit Emperor
Scale 15mm

This is a test of the rules as an alternative to Snappy Nappy for the big battle of Leipzig in October.  So come learn the rules and see which set you like better. 

Michael M

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this historic event.  Be sure to take good pictures!

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

-------- Original message --------
From: "The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar" <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Date: 5/15/20 12:00 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Upcoming Event: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf - Sat, 05/16/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Description: In anticipation of the lockdown being lifted on the 15th, this will be our first post-apocalypse game.

Scale 15mm

This is a test of the rules as an alternative to Snappy Nappy for the big battle of Leipzig in October.  So come learn the rules and see which set you like better. 

Bob

That is very unfortunate as the Swedish Bikini Team will only be here for the weekend.  Shame you’re going to miss them. 

On May 15, 2020, at 1:14 PM, Michael M via groups.io <madmachell@...> wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this historic event.  Be sure to take good pictures!

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

From: "The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar" <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Upcoming Event: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf - Sat, 05/16/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Scale 15mm

To bad you're not gonna be there. Its club shirt day and Speedo day.  Will make sure to send you plenty of pictures.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Date: 5/15/20 13:13 (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Upcoming Event: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf - Sat, 05/16/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Scale 15mm

Michael M

No problem.  I am hosting them for a sleep over at my house later that evening.

No, I haven't told my wife yet.  But I am sure she will be okay with it when I tell her it is for a student exchange program.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 5/15/20 1:20 PM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Upcoming Event: End of Apocalypse Game Day - Battle of Meusdorf - Sat, 05/16/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

That is very unfortunate as the Swedish Bikini Team will only be here for the weekend.  Shame you’re going to miss them. 

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Scale 15mm

Michael M

Yeah, that should be a real treat after two months at home with chips, ice cream and pie du jour.  The COVID 15 ain't no lie.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 5/15/20 2:12 PM (GMT-07:00)

To bad you're not gonna be there. Its club shirt day and Speedo day.  Will make sure to send you plenty of pictures.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Scale 15mm

Did you have Covid?

Date: 5/15/20 16:15 (GMT-07:00)

Yeah, that should be a real treat after two months at home with chips, ice cream and pie du jour.  The COVID 15 ain't no lie.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 5/15/20 2:12 PM (GMT-07:00)

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Scale 15mm

Edited

Mike,
I think there was a miscommunication....he's a picture of the Swedish bikini team that's going to be at Bob's on Saturday.

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Michael M via groups.io <madmachell@...>
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 4:12 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>

No problem.  I am hosting them for a sleep over at my house later that evening.

No, I haven't told my wife yet.  But I am sure she will be okay with it when I tell her it is for a student exchange program.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 5/15/20 1:20 PM (GMT-07:00)

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Scale 15mm

Bob

Not sure which is more disturbing...
That picture, or that Ray knew right where to find it. 

Yeesh !

Hey, you can Google anything!

Date: 5/15/20 18:09 (GMT-07:00)

Yeesh !

Michael M

Oh boy.  And right after breakfast too.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 5/15/20 6:09 PM (GMT-07:00)

Yeesh !

El Rolando

How was the game lads? Were you able to properly throw dice in hazmat suits?

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 09:49 Michael M via groups.io <madmachell=sunflower.com@groups.io> wrote:

Michael Machell

Yeesh !

Bob

The game went pretty well for a first-time run through.

Larry is planning to run another game on Thursday.

Here are a couple pics.

On May 16, 2020, at 5:39 PM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

You missed a pretty good game.  As with Snappy Nappy you have to get used to the idea this is NOT a tactical game, but the overall flow is pretty good.  It also has a great "attrition" mechanism that allows cavalry to play it's role as an exploitation force; of course you can attack with your cavalry from the beginning, rather than wait for a weakness in their line, but it's painful.

Ray

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 5:39 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 09:49 Michael M via groups.io <madmachell=sunflower.com@groups.io> wrote:

Michael Machell

Yeesh !