From: Kevin Cabai - President HMGS-Midwest <BOD@...>
Date: March 17, 2020 at 5:40:27 PM MST
To: sylvainnc@...
Subject: Little Wars Cancellation 2020

The recent events with the state’s mandate of prohibiting groups over 50 people, has forced the cancellation of Little Wars.  While causing all of us disappointment, this does release HMGS-Midwest from its contractual obligation.  The staff and volunteers are of course, processing this with mixed emotions.  They have worked countless hours in trying to make this one of the best Little Wars to date, but understand the need to mitigate the exposure risk of COVID 19.

Attendees who have purchased badges and merchandise are asked to go directly to the Little Wars Tabletop Events (TTE), for a refund.  They will need to cancel their purchase and TTE will return the funds to their accounts.  Vendors that paid via TTE can do the same.  Those that paid by check will have theirs mailed back to them shortly.

Visit HMGS-Midwest Tabletop Events

Attendees who have purchased rooms through the HMGS-Midwest room block are asked to go to the Hotel link, and make their cancellations.

Visit HMGS-Midwest Hotel Room Block

While this has been unfolding the Board has been busy making plans to expand Autumn Wars to a larger scale.  This would possibly see it as a 3 – day event, starting October 9th.  We are looking at expanded locations and trying not to conflict with existing conventions.  The objective would be 300+ attendees and vendors.   We have not been able to find a venue that could accommodate a footprint needed for the scope of Little Wars, at this short of a date.  We are going to be looking for your input and will be sending out a survey (Survey Monkey), within the next week.

Other items will continue as planned, albeit with newly acquired focus, which include Game Days at the Pritzker Museum, The Educational Initiative and the Legacy Program.  More on these, in the upcoming Spring Newsletter.

We want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding during these chaotic times.  We look forward to see many of you at Autumn Wars, and all of you at Little Wars, 2021, April 29th to May 2nd. Westin Lombard-Yorktown Center.

Not to trivialize real life events with gaming, it looks like we just drew this card from the game, Kingmaker.

Visit HMGS-Midwest
Facebook
Twitter
Link
Website

This email was sent to sylvainnc@...
HMGS Midwest · 1000 Hart Rd Fl 300 · Barrington, IL 60010-2624 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

El Rolando

Well shit. Oh well. I'll just drink beer with my uncle all weekend unless they cancel flights too.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, 17:48 Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
FYI

Sylvain

Begin forwarded message: