Topics

SAGA 2 - Thanks

Thank you to all you guys who came to the SAGA practice.
As Sylvain said, "I think we have gone down from 100% wrong to 80% wrong now."
Progress !...??

Edited

A few of you asked when the next SAGA practice was.
I looked at the calendar and here's the lowdown:
October 12th is the last SAGA 2 practice day.
October 26th is the Tournament.

Those are the only ones currently scheduled.
The off-weekends are all open between now and then if anyone wants to set anoter practice session up.

I should make those two dates.
The game is really slow. Should we stop it at one hour, one hour and a half and then give a victory point per miniature killed, or unit destroyed or die lost?

Sylvain

On Aug 31, 2019, at 4:30 PM, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

A few of you asked when the next SAGA practice was.
I looked at the calendar and here's the lowdown:
October 12th is the last SAGA 2 practice day.
October 26th is the Tournament.

Those are thinly ones currently scheduled.
The off-weekends are all open between now and then if anyone wants to set anoter practice session up.

Bob

I’m thinking that we schedule 2 hours per game. (Three games with short breaks in between). And score based on points lost. But I’ll also look around for someone else’s SAGA tournament rules to see how others do it.

On Aug 31, 2019 at 8:51 PM, <Sylvain via Groups.Io> wrote:

Bob
I should make those two dates.
The game is really slow. Should we stop it at one hour, one hour and a half and then give a victory point per miniature killed, or unit destroyed or die lost?

Sylvain

On Aug 31, 2019, at 4:30 PM, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

A few of you asked when the next SAGA practice was.
I looked at the calendar and here's the lowdown:
October 12th is the last SAGA 2 practice day.
October 26th is the Tournament.

Those are thinly ones currently scheduled.
The off-weekends are all open between now and then if anyone wants to set anoter practice session up.

I've put those dates on my calendar ...I don't want to miss them, especially since it missed two practice sessions. I'd like to work in a couple additional practice sessions, if anyone's interested.

Ray

On August 31, 2019, at 10:09 PM, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

[...]

We can use some of the off-weeks to practice if folks want to.

On Aug 31, 2019 at 10:30 PM, <Ray Levesque> wrote:

[...]

Chad Lunceford

I am hoping to get involved with this one.  I start a new job Tuesday and have been holding off on committing until I know what my "new life" will be like.  If I'm able, I would love to get together for some make-up practice games.

Chad

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 22:32, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:
[...]

Sounds like your interview went well.
Congratulations!

There’s plenty of room for anyone who wants to give it a try.

The 7th and 21st are normally off-weekends but maybe one of those will work?  How many are interested?

Bob

On Aug 31, 2019 at 10:41 PM, <Chad Lunceford> wrote:

[...]

Thanks!  Either it did, or they are desperate and I should be worried.  :)

Chad

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 at 22:48, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:
[...]

Mike Dolan

Hello to all,
After re re reading parts of the rules I wanted to share a couple of clarifications:

1. " Each Warband is lead by one Hero in particular, your Warlord"
Who activates as a "Hero"
All Warlords have the following Special Rules:
Determination
Presence
We Obey
Bodyguards
Pride
Resilience (1)

2. Shooting combat pool is limited to 8 dice, a Melee combat pool is limited to 16 dice.  Text below is from the FAQ:
Note : these changes are quite easy to remember. When fighting in melee
or shooting, you start by taking your attack dice pool. Then you add your
bonus attack dice, that cannot more than double the previous pool. Then
you discard to keep only 8 dice (shooting) or 16 (melee).

This means you should never add bonus dice to your 8 figure Hearthguard unit who generate a Combat pool of 16 dice on their own.

3. Maneuver  During your activation phase your units which are not within a (L) move from an enemy unit. The move must remain over a (L) move from an enemy unit and be conducted in clear terrain.  Not sure we knew about this rule.

4. The rules also mention Basic Saga Abilities which are placed below the Faction Name which can be activated any number of times but I have not searched the battle boards for an example.

5. You cannot place part of a Combo Die Saga Ability and hope for the next turn to get the other symbol you need to complete the cost of the Ability ie (Common+Rare) Both must be placed or removed together.

6. The rules clearly state that there is no 6 die limit on generating Saga Dice. " your Warband may generate more than 8 Saga dice but you may never roll more than 8."

I think this may address Clint's Domestikos issue. If we assume the Byzantine player generates 6 Saga dice a turn.  If you place 3 dice in Domestikos on turn one, You would only have 5 dice to roll on turn two but you would also have the 3 dice placed in Domestikos with faces of your choosing for a total of 8 dice to be used on turn 2.  Does that make sense?

On closer inspection the rules do seem to contradict themselves. I thick it will be awhile before we get the bugs worked out.

I think my conclusions are correct but they may still be off, so please if others have opinions please bring them forward.

Bob

--
Mike Dolan

Mike Dolan

Hey Ray,

I would be most happy to have some more practice sessions as I have a lot of debugging to do to figure out how to run the Mongols. I think I can fudge my old WRG figures foe SAGA until i get a real Mongol force painted. I live a ways away but an willing to travel of if you want to com up here there is open gaming at the Imperial Outpost  game store on Friday nights, Saga fits on a 3 by 4 foot table. Anyone else would also be welcome if anyone wants to join.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 10:30 PM Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

[...]

Be not Afraid until you know they're out to get you..........

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 10:53 PM Chad Lunceford <cluncefo@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry I never finished the point here. Your "Maneuver" move is a free activation as long as the restrictions are met.

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 2:45 PM Mike Dolan via Groups.Io <dolanz999=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I'm up for those extra weekends, to. Since I haven't had any practice sessions yet 😱

From: Bob <brodgers@...>
Date: 8/31/19 10:48 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] SAGA 2 - Thanks

[...]

Mike,

Thank for the clarifications. Two notes;

I don’t understand what you’re saying in paragraph 3.

And I do not agree with your conclusion in paragraph two of number 6.
My understanding: If you generate 6 SAGA dice and have three on the board, you either only roll three dice, or you pick up the three on the board and roll them with the other three. You don’t get to roll SAGA dice unless they are somehow generated. Not simply because they happen to be extras.

On Sep 1, 2019 at 2:45 PM, <Mike Dolan> wrote:

[...]

That would be great. We can work something out. Plus I think would be fun to learn the rules  Where we can take our time learning the rules instead of feeling pressured for time.

 I wouldn't mind going to the Imperial outpost once in a while, because I haven't been there yet and I'm sure they have stuff that I would want to buy.

From: Mike Dolan <dolanz999@...>
Date: 9/1/19 2:50 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

Bob and Mike
I am pretty sure that the dice you leave count part of your dice pool.
Or a player could just sit there and stockpile the dice and wait for enemy to come ...

Sylvain

On Sep 1, 2019, at 3:05 PM, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

[...]

I can host another practice session next Saturday the 7th if you guys want.

Bob

From: Mike Dolan <dolanz999@...>
Date: 9/1/19 2:50 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

Sorry never finished the point here, If the conditions are met the "Maneuver" move activation is Free, once per turn.

[...]

NSN