I also have all the miniatures for a Darkest Africa painted and the terrain
Any takers?

Sylvain

On Monday, May 6, 2019, 3:10:23 PM MST, Michael M <madmachell@...> wrote:

Okay, call me crazy (aren't we all a little crazy in this hobby?), but I have the figures to put on decent sized games of South American War of Liberation, 1920s gangsters and Primeval (dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals).  I even hosted a game using the critters from "Tremors".

Sorry, can't help with Teddy Bears, chariots or Teddy Bears in chariots - although I always thought the Teddy Bears in tricornes were kind of cool.

From: "John C via Groups.Io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 5/6/19 2:23 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] A club project ?

How about Seven Year's War Teddy Bears???

Every few years at the Seven Year's War Con, there is a Teddy Bear game as an evening diversion from the more serious daytime game..   Forget who makes the figures - Eureka maybe.  Teddy Bears in Tricornes,... really!!

Everyone brings a unit (I actually do not have one) either 24 infantry or 12 cavalry or 2 guns I think.  Random assignment to sides (as everyone paints the TB's to their own desires!).   Simple rules such as Battles in the Age of Reason by Bill Protz.

I like the Troy idea..........

Alternately perhaps periods / scales that most of us would not do..........

15 mm or 25 mm Sci Fi / Primeval (men vs. dinosaurs) / Post Apocalyptic / Gangsters in the 20's / Chariot Racing / WW 1 Trench Raids / etc.

15 mm Wars of Sth American Independence - Liberation Miniatures I think do a comprehensive range

JC

On Monday, May 6, 2019, 11:16:54 AM MST, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

This is a follow-up to a conversation that we had during Larry’s WWII game last Saturday.
We were discussing some ways to get more guys involved and participating in the club.

The subject of starting another “Club Project” was brought up again.
Past attempts (Wild West, Pirates) met with very limited success because either there just wasn’t enough interest (Wild West), or one or two members had everything already (Pirates) so few others bothered to provide more figures.

So, this time we’re looking for ideas on projects that we can do as a club that we don’t already have covered.
I’m really talking about having figures for the period rather than other aspects like terrain, etc.

What we’d really like to try to do is have a collaboration on a NEW period. One that we could all work on together.
Also, the point was made that whatever we do would need to actually be of interest to most of the others who would be participating.
Otherwise it is doomed to fail.

Without actually knowing everything, figure-wise, that everyone has, a couple ideas were discussed.
But, as brilliant as those ideas were, we’d like some more input.

Here’s what I’m asking right now:
If we assume that any project would involve the participants putting together one or more units and eventually all coming together for games.

1. Toss out an idea for a period/campaign/whatever that you’d be interested in doing as a club project. You might also note the scale you’d recommend using.
2. If someone tosses out an idea but you already have the period covered, speak up and we’ll move on.
3. Once we can identify a couple periods that are of interest and not already covered, we can pick one.

4. Or, a majority of you can tell me its a stupid idea and all you want to do is play whatever someone else is willing to run. Then we can forget about it altogether.

Thoughts?

Bob

I have 2 boxes of figures that were put together for the rule set Congo, so I'm  interested in this, too. For me this would be a good project idea.

From: "John C via Groups.Io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 5/6/19 2:23 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

Michael M (New Mike)

I have a few Darkest Africa figures I could contribute to the cause.

What about Roman Civil War? Everyone paints up a legion or two.  Each player is a Roman Senator wielding influence and negotiating alliances. You would need rules for the political aspect of the game, occasional "barbarian" incursions or attacks by the Parthians forcing you to work with fellow Romans (friend or foe) while hoping the other guy's legions get hurt worse than yours.  Hey wait...maybe that's too much like "Game of Thrones".

From: "John C via Groups.Io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 5/6/19 2:23 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

The Tin Dictator <tindictator@...>

I think the idea is to find a project that everyone can start on an equal footing and contribute something to.
If you already have all the figures as well as the terrain it would seem to be covered.

This was the dilemma.
As a group, we're hard pressed to find a period that someone doesn't already have covered.

I like that approach of everybody contributes.
I need motivation to paint

Sylvain

On May 6, 2019, at 4:25 PM, The Tin Dictator <tindictator@...> wrote:

I think the idea is to find a project that everyone can start on an equal footing and contribute something to.
If you already have all the figures as well as the terrain it would seem to be covered.

This was the dilemma.
As a group, we're hard pressed to find a period that someone doesn't already have covered.

Bob

Sylvain,
That's my problem, too.  Motivate me!!!!

From: "Sylvain via Groups.Io" <Sylvainnc@...>
Date: 5/6/19 4:29 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

Bob
I like that approach of everybody contributes.
I need motivation to paint

Sylvain

On May 6, 2019, at 4:25 PM, The Tin Dictator <tindictator@...> wrote:

I think the idea is to find a project that everyone can start on an equal footing and contribute something to.
If you already have all the figures as well as the terrain it would seem to be covered.

This was the dilemma.
As a group, we're hard pressed to find a period that someone doesn't already have covered.

Trivia:  What country's history is mimic-ed by Game of Thrones?   In other words nearly all the major events in GoT have a parallel in that country's history?

JC

From: "John C via Groups.Io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 5/6/19 2:23 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

I have not ever watched Game of Thrones, however I have read that it mimics a bunch of English history

From: "John C via Groups.Io" <curranjohng@...>
Date: 5/6/19 2:23 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

[...]

Close but no cigar!!