Anyone for a Campaign? #poll

Ed

Edited

Test of the groups.io Polling system!

If TTGS were to run a campaign, which period would you be interested in?  Choose up to 2 please.

Also, if  are not interested in a campaign, but still have a favorite period, please vote anyway and then choose the I am not interested in a campaign button as well as your two favorite choices.

Ed

Results

See Who Responded

Kochese (Larry)

Depending on the rules, P&s or Ancient
Larry

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Test of the groups.io Polling system!

If TTGS were to run a campaign, which period would you be interested in?  Choose up to 2 please.

Ed

1. Ancients (Punic War etc.)
2. Medieval
3. Pike & Shot (e.g. English Civil or 30 Years War)
4. Napoleonic
5. American Civil War (ACW)
6. Colonial
7. WW2
8. Fantasy

Vote Now

The Tin Dictator <tindictator@...>

You need to check the boxes in Ed's email.
Otherwise the national pollsters at Gallup won't count your votes and you will be disenfranchised.
We don't want that to happen.

Ed

yeah you gotta click the link at the bottom that says "vote now"

On 12/23/2018 1:32 PM, The Tin Dictator wrote:
You need to check the boxes in Ed's email.
Otherwise the national pollsters at Gallup won't count your votes and you will be disenfranchised.
We don't want that to happen.

I voted for colonial and ww2. I can supply miniatures for those two.
I am actually interested in anything historical

Moving from Illinois, I was tempted at voting early and often but the survey would not let me :-)

Thanks for putting the survey

Sylvain

On Dec 23, 2018, at 3:34 PM, Ed <ekj2908@...> wrote:

yeah you gotta click the link at the bottom that says "vote now"

On 12/23/2018 1:32 PM, The Tin Dictator wrote:
You need to check the boxes in Ed's email.
Otherwise the national pollsters at Gallup won't count your votes and you will be disenfranchised.
We don't want that to happen.

The Tin Dictator <tindictator@...>

I went with ECW  and ACW.

Hey well this is just for fun right now.  We can hash the details out later.  I wish to encourage our newer members especially to vote as well!  Depending on what we do, remote players may also be able to join in.

On 12/23/2018 4:37 PM, John C via Groups.Io wrote:
I voted (to show appreciation for Ed's initiative) but did not choose a period.   Reason is that my experience with campaigns has been mostly that they start off gung ho and then when one side loses two or three battles in a row, the whole thing collapses.   That's what happened with the 1809 campaign that this group did not so long ago.

I  think a better idea is to do a series of linked battles (Flames of War called it an axis of attack, or do an auto campaign (AI runs the campaign)).
I am fine with any of the periods listed.    Main determinant of choice of campaign is that we have a set of rules that most people like to play.

JC