Topics

Borodino Terrain Boards

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

Saturday's playtest game went pretty well.
Lots of good input.
Next and final playtest game will be on the 25th.
I hope to have everyone's figures tagged and on hand by then.

The BIG GAME is the following weekend, Sept 1st - 3rd.

I'd like to finish up the terrain boards next weekend.
I'm thinking we could do that next Sunday ??

As far as I can tell we just need to finish making trees and create the cloths to cover the board seams.
Shouldn't take very long.

Any helpers ?

Bob

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

I can be there on Sunday

David Rodgers
MACY*S Credit and Customer Services - West
Facilities / Security Supervisor
Ph. 480-929-3477
Fax 480-929-3024
Emergency 480-370-0188 (Cel)
david.rodgers@...

From: The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>
To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:27 AM
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Borodino Terrain Boards
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Saturday's playtest game went pretty well.
Lots of good input.
Next and final playtest game will be on the 25th.
I hope to have everyone's figures tagged and on hand by then.
The BIG GAME is the following weekend, Sept 1st - 3rd.
I'd like to finish up the terrain boards next weekend.
I'm thinking we could do that next Sunday ??
As far as I can tell we just need to finish making trees and create the cloths to cover the board seams.
Shouldn't take very long.
Any helpers ?
Bob

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

Alyx,

I have found that nickels work great for this. Or you can buy round bases for .06 each.

2 or 3 figures per stand.

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:58 AM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

David,

Where can I pick up the round bases?

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:58 AM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

Litko makes some wooden ones that are great.  You might need to buy more than you need though. It also makes more sense to use the cheaper nickel?

I think Michael's carries some misc. rounds that would work as well. Should be reasonably priced.

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:58 AM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

Alyx,

Basing for runaway crews is on a 1" round base.
You can get wooden ones at Michaels, or just use nickels.
Guns don't need to be mounted on a base.

If you want to base up a battery with gun & crew they go on a 40mm square base.
You can drop them by the house any time (Wife works from home).
If you'd rather wait until I'm home then Friday - Sunday.

If you want ME to base them, then drop them off by Friday.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

.

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

I'll look around and try to find some spare nickles :)

otherwise, I'll hit up Michael and get some.

Thanks!

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:58 AM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

I'll base them and drop them by next Saturday - do we need any guns based with crews? I would be more than willing to base them  that way - but will do the 1" bases if we only need run away crews.

Just let me know :)

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 08/13/2012 08:58 AM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Bob,

I have the artillery crews all painted up (28 figures with 6 guns and 1 howitzer). they do need to be based, you said 1" round bases, do you happen to have any already or what should I make them out of? I can get them all based up and to you by the 25th, though I would not be able to stick around and play (wife's birthday).

If you would prefer, we can meet up somewhere and I can drop the figs to you if you would prefer to base - let me know what works best.

David M

Bob,

I have family in town next weekend and won't be able to help on the boards.  I do plan to be at the playtest on the 25th.  Dave.

Saturday's playtest game went pretty well.
Lots of good input.
Next and final playtest game will be on the 25th.
I hope to have everyone's figures tagged and on hand by then.

The BIG GAME is the following weekend, Sept 1st - 3rd.

I'd like to finish up the terrain boards next weekend.
I'm thinking we could do that next Sunday ??

As far as I can tell we just need to finish making trees and create the cloths to cover the board seams.
Shouldn't take very long.

Any helpers ?

Sorry, working this coming weekend. However I am finishing off the re-basing of the Poles. No sign of those Croats yet.

JC