Topics

Borodino

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

Just full of questions today!

So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count  and any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up that I am not displacing anyone else :)

I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!

If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.

As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles. in true Russian fashion!

I am very excited about it all.

Thanks,
Alyx

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

Let me see how I do answering these:

1) Commands will depend on how many people we get. I am thinking we will have 3 or 4 per side so you may end up with an entire Corps. or possibly a Division
2)No requests as far as I know. This will be a multi-day event so you could be a Frenchy one day and a Ruski the next.
3) There is plenty of room for players. No worries about someone else not being able to play. We will have around 6,000 figures (conservative)

On a related note:

I noticed that Rolland has put his French Army and his Austrian Army for sale on TMP. This pprobably means WE NEED ITALIANS! I doubt Mark has enough time to paint a batch of Italians to cover them.  Anyone have anything we can use? I have British and Portuguese and a few Dutch. Not much help but in a pinch......

David Rodgers
MACY*S Credit and Customer Services - West
Facilities / Security Supervisor
Ph. 480-929-3477
Fax 480-929-3024
Emergency 480-370-0188 (Cel)
david.rodgers@...

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 07/25/2012 02:39 PM
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Borodino
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Just full of questions today!

So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count  and any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up that I am not displacing anyone else :)

I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!

If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.

As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles. in true Russian fashion!

I am very excited about it all.

Thanks,
Alyx

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

David,
Would you mind sending me a link to the sale? I am interested to see what french he has up and what austrians. I need to fill some holes in my french list and need to get an Austrian army.

I have brits, russians, 1812 americans and french. If provided with a paint scheme and the figures I may be able to get a unit or two painted depending on size if someone has italians we need painted...to see my quality of painting, feel free to see my work on my blog empiresandhonor.blogspot.com

Thanks for your answers on my previous post.

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 07/25/2012 02:39 PM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Just full of questions today!

So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count  and any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up that I am not displacing anyone else :)

I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!

If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.

As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles. in true Russian fashion!

I am very excited about it all.

Thanks,
Alyx

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

Each player will be pushing AT LEAST a Corps.
I would hope that players would stay on the same side over the weekend rather than switching.

We will need an Italian Corps if Rolland doesn't come through.
Check the files section for the OOB.
I haven't heard from Rolland in quite a while so.... ???

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>
To: "Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..." <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 07/25/2012 02:39 PM
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Just full of questions today!

So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count  and any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up that I am not displacing anyone else :)

I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!

If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.

As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles. in true Russian fashion!

I am very excited about it all.

Thanks,
Alyx

JC

Bob,

Unfortunately I am working on Saturday, so cannot attend.

I think it would be good if Rolland's situation could be definitely established one way or another. Apart from the Italians as I recall he is also bringing the Westphalians, correct?

We don't want to be scrambling if he can't make it and on the other hand if he is going to be there we don't want to duplicate troops he is going to bring.

JC

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

Each player will be pushing *AT LEAST* a Corps.
I would hope that players would stay on the same side over the weekend
rather than switching.

We will need an Italian Corps if Rolland doesn't come through.
Check the files section for the OOB.
I haven't heard from Rolland in quite a while so.... ???

**

From: Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> To: "
Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com" <
Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com>, Date: 07/25/2012 02:39 PM
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Borodino Sent by:
Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com
------------------------------

Just full of questions today!

So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player
command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count and
any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up
that I am not displacing anyone else :)

I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no
qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have
no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!

If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a
personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.

As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles.
in true Russian fashion!

I am very excited about it all.

Thanks,
Alyx

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

John,

I went through my troops. Our needs are:

3 units of 8 bases each of Hussars.  (Larry) I picked up some Hussars but not enough.
2 units of 3 bases each of Guard Infantry. (We should be able to fill this with regular infantry)

I am basing up the Cuirassier and the HA now. We got the order back from PhilGreg so we are in good shape for the Russians. It sounded like Alyx might have some Russians available to fill any needs as well.

From: "JC" <curranjohng@...>
To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...,
Date: 07/26/2012 06:08 AM
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Re: Borodino

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,  Date: 07/25/2012 02:39 PM
> >> Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Borodino Sent by:
> >> Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
> >> ------------------------------
> >>

> >> Just full of questions today!
> >>
> >> So in prep for Borodino, What level are we playing at? will each player
> >> command a Division, a Corps? Also is there a preliminary head count  and
> >> any requested affiliations? I just want to make sure that by me signing up
> >> that I am not displacing anyone else :)
> >>
> >> I do have a pre-disposition toward the French forces - however I have no
> >> qualms in killing them...I play Peninsular Brits and Portuguese so I have
> >> no qualms pouring hot lead on the frogs!
> >>
> >> If I am the french I would love to command De'Izon's Brigade (I have a
> >> personal bone to pick with Tolstoy), or anyone under Davout.
> >>
> >> As the Russians I would like to play as Tuchkov so I can shoot the Poles.

I have Russians on order - though they will not be here till late august...and they are unpainted. If you let me know now what we need, I may be able to ensure that I have them and can get them done up before we need them.

I have about 150 Line musketeers, some random cavalry (bags of 18 of Hussars, Lancers/Uhlans, Cuirassiers and Dragoons) a few bags of artillery and some Pavlovs Grenadiers (this is my starter Russians army - Enough for a Brigade in the 1:20 rules I play [Gen de Brigade])

Like I said, they are still on order - so if we need something let me know now so I can alter the order and get them painted in time.

From: "JC" <curranjohng@...>
To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...,
Date: 07/26/2012 06:08 AM

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

> Each player will be pushing *AT LEAST* a Corps.
> I would hope that players would stay on the same side over the weekend
> rather than switching.
>
> We will need an Italian Corps if Rolland doesn't come through.
> Check the files section for the OOB.
> I haven't heard from Rolland in quite a while so.... ???
>
> Bob
>

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > David,
> > Would you mind sending me a link to the sale? I am interested to see what
> > french he has up and what austrians. I need to fill some holes in my french
> > list and need to get an Austrian army.
> >
> > I have brits, russians, 1812 americans and french. If provided with a
> > paint scheme and the figures I may be able to get a unit or two painted
> > depending on size if someone has italians we need painted...to see my
> > quality of painting, feel free to see my work on my blog
> > empiresandhonor.blogspot.com
> >
> > Thanks for your answers on my previous post.
> > On Jul 25, 2012 2:51 PM, "David Rodgers" wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >>

> >> Let me see how I do answering these:
> >>
> >> 1) Commands will depend on how many people we get. I am thinking we will
> >> have 3 or 4 per side so you may end up with an entire Corps. or possibly a
> >> Division
> >> 2)No requests as far as I know. This will be a multi-day event so you
> >> could be a Frenchy one day and a Ruski the next.
> >> 3) There is plenty of room for players. No worries about someone else not
> >> being able to play. We will have around 6,000 figures (conservative)
> >>
> >> On a related note:
> >>
> >> I noticed that Rolland has put his French Army and his Austrian Army for
> >> sale on TMP. This pprobably means WE NEED ITALIANS! I doubt Mark has enough
> >> time to paint a batch of Italians to cover them.  Anyone have anything we
> >> can use? I have British and Portuguese and a few Dutch. Not much help but
> >> in a pinch......
> >>

> >> David Rodgers
> >> MACY*S Credit and Customer Services - West
> >> Facilities / Security Supervisor
> >> Ph. 480-929-3477
> >> Fax 480-929-3024

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

I spoke to Rolland yesterday.
He has not been able to get his troops ready due to life's interferences.

He will not have the Saxons or Westphalians. So, if anyone has some please speak up. Otherwise we'll have to substitute some other troops.  The OOB's are in the Yahoo group Files.

As for the Italians, he's working on them but the prognosis is questionable.
So if anyone has any Italians let the group know and maybe that will help lessen his load.

Bob

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:08 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:
Bob,

Unfortunately I am working on Saturday, so cannot attend.

I think it would be good if Rolland's situation could be definitely established one way or another. Apart from the Italians as I recall he is also bringing the Westphalians, correct?

We don't want to be scrambling if he can't make it and on the other hand if he is going to be there we don't want to duplicate troops he is going to bring.

JC

kochese <kochese@...>

I have early Austrians

Larry

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

[...]

Maybe we can do a little brainstorming on Saturday?
Austrians would seem to be the logical substitute for Saxons. If it were infantry.
The Saxons are 5 Chevauleger bases, 8 Cuirassier bases, and 1 gun battery.
But maybe beggars can't be choosers at this point.

And... apparently, the Westphalians were also in white.
At least the infantry.
So Austrians might work for them also.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM, kochese <kochese@...> wrote:

[...]

Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.

STILL NEEDED
TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
French
  Chasseurs 46 42           (4)
Saxons
  Chevaulegers 5             (5)
  Cuirassiers 8             (8)
  Arty 1             (1)
Minors
  Croat Line Infantry 2             (2)
Italians
  ARTY 5             (5)
  Leaders 1             (1)
  Gd Light Inf 2             (2)
  Gd Line Inf 4             (4)
  Gd Cav 6             (6)
  Chasseurs 14             (14)
Westphalians
  Leaders 2             (2)
  Arty 4             (4)
  Hussars 8             (8)
  Chevaulegers 4             (4)
  Cuirassiers 8

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:

[...]

  Lt Inf 3             (3)

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.

I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:

There are two light cav figures on each base.
So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
One of the bases should ba a command stand.
I can dig up 4 bases for you.

Bob
=======================================

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:

Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.

STILL NEEDED
TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
French

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
[...]

If you want to paint them like froggies, here's a picture:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -
>

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
>>
>> Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.
>>
>> I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?
>>
>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> There are two light cav figures on each base.
>>> So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
>>> One of the bases should ba a command stand.
>>> I can dig up 4 bases for you.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> =======================================
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.
>>>
>>> STILL NEEDED
>>> TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
>>> French

kochese <kochese@...>

I've got 16 Fr. chassuers coming from ebay

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

If you want to paint them like froggies, here's a picture:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -
>

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
>>
>> Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.
>>
>> I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?
>>
>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> There are two light cav figures on each base.
>>> So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
>>> One of the bases should ba a command stand.
>>> I can dig up 4 bases for you.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> =======================================
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.
>>>
>>> STILL NEEDED
>>> TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
>>> French

Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...>

are they painted? or should I get cracking on mine?

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, kochese wrote:

I've got 16 Fr. chassuers coming from ebay

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

If you want to paint them like froggies, here's a picture:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -
>

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
>>
>> Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.
>>
>> I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?
>>
>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> There are two light cav figures on each base.
>>> So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
>>> One of the bases should ba a command stand.
>>> I can dig up 4 bases for you.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> =======================================
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.
>>>
>>> STILL NEEDED
>>> TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
>>> French

kochese <kochese@...>

They are painted

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

are they painted? or should I get cracking on mine?

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, kochese wrote:

I've got 16 Fr. chassuers coming from ebay

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

If you want to paint them like froggies, here's a picture:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -
>

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
>>
>> Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.
>>
>> I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?
>>
>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> There are two light cav figures on each base.
>>> So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
>>> One of the bases should ba a command stand.
>>> I can dig up 4 bases for you.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> =======================================
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.
>>>
>>> STILL NEEDED
>>> TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
>>> French

kochese <kochese@...>

Bob,
Do you want me to mount the heavy cav 4 figs on a 1x2" or 2 figs on 40 x 30mm? We could use grenzers for Croats.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM, kochese <kochese@...> wrote:
They are painted

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

are they painted? or should I get cracking on mine?

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, kochese wrote:

I've got 16 Fr. chassuers coming from ebay

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM, The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...> wrote:

If you want to paint them like froggies, here's a picture:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:

> Here is a picture of the model (mine are unpainted right now)...and I could paint them before Sept - just let me know the colors -
>

> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, Alyx Lunceford wrote:
>>
>> Ah...they are Chasseurs a cheval...I have foot chasseurs - light company figures. the only mounted figures I have are Hussars with the coats slung on the shoulders.
>>
>> I have some British light cavalry figs that may fit the bill though...they have shakos and swords...but the model does not show a rifle...would those work?
>>
>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> There are two light cav figures on each base.
>>> So 8 Chasseur figures are needed on 4 bases.
>>> One of the bases should ba a command stand.
>>> I can dig up 4 bases for you.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>> =======================================
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Alyx Lunceford <alyx.lunceford@...> wrote:
>>>

>>> Bob, for the Chasseurs, how many figures are there per stand? I am in the middle of painting up a 36 figure unit. If you can provide the bases I can provide the extra figures.
>>>
>>> On Thursday, July 26, 2012, The Tin Dictator wrote:
>>>

>>> Here is the list of what is still not yet accounted for.
>>>
>>> STILL NEEDED
>>> TROOPS Total Bases                Needed Bob David Larry Rolland John Mark Result
>>> French

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

Alyx,

Take a look at the spreadsheet I sent out earlier.
There may be some individual units you could do rather than taking on a whole nationality.
Maybe even a mixture. Like the abandoned guns and runaway crews for all/any nation.

Bob