Topics

Project Borodino

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

I know the game is a year away, but its time we started figuring out where we stand for troops for the Borodino project.

The OOB labels are in the Files section of the Imperial Lances Yahoo group here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Scenarios/Battle%20of%20Borodino/ and also in the files section of this Yahoo group. Along with the label explanation sheet for those of you less familiar with the rules.

If your figures are based for another system already we can work around that by using sabot bases when the time comes. If they aren't based yet, you can get the base dimensions on "samplepages2.pdf"  on the Imperial Lances Yahoo group here:

Please take some time to look through your 15mm Napoleonic figures. Let me know which formations you can definately cover right now so we can can minimize any duplication of effort. I will keep track of who wants to play and which troops are accounted for on a master OOB so all the info is in one place.

I have a good chunk of the French. And some Russians. But I know I'll be short of cavalry.  I'll do a complete inventory this coming weekend.

There should be 20+ players in the game. Among that many we should be able to field the necessary troops. And a year gives us time to grab whatever we're still missing and get it ready.  If it isn't painted, it doesn't play.

And yes, I will begin working on the terrain boards in October. It will take a while. Anyone who wants to assist is welcome.

Bob

Rolland LaHaie <rollandlahaie@...>

Bob-

I have the IV Corps and the VIII Corps for the French (almost) done.  I would like to volunteer to do the IV Reserve Cavalry Corps as well.  I would be willing to help with the V Corps, but can't take it all on by myself.

Rolland

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
From: TinDictator@...
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:48:37 +0000
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Project Borodino

[...]

Cool!  We're on our way.
That leaves only about 2,600 figures to go.   Yay!

That includes the necessary leaders and ADC's too right ?

Bob
=====================================

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
From: TinDictator@...

[...]

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

Don't forget supply wagons and caissons and limbers and.......

David Rodgers
MACY*S Credit and Customer Services - West
Facilities / Security Supervisor
Ph. 480-929-3477
Fax 480-929-3024
Emergency 480-370-0188 (Cel)
david.rodgers@...

From: The Tin Dictator
To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
Date: 08/23/2011 08:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Project Borodino
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Cool!  We're on our way.
That leaves only about 2,600 figures to go.   Yay!  [IMAGE]

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
From: TinDictator@...

[...]

[attachment "330.png" deleted by David Rodgers/MCCS/MACYS]

JC

Hi Bob,

I should have most of the Poles covered, and a chunk of Russians. I need to rebase but have some spare figures so that should not be a problem. I am currently out of town but will give you a more exact account in the next couple of weeks.

JC

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com, "The Tin Dictator" <TinDictator@...> wrote:

I know the game is a year away, but its time we started figuring out
where we stand for troops for the Borodino project.

The OOB labels are in the Files section of the Imperial Lances Yahoo
group here:
le%20of%20Borodino/
<http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Scenarios/Bat&;#92;
tle%20of%20Borodino/> and also in the files section of this Yahoo
group. Along with the label explanation sheet for those of you less
familiar with the rules.

If your figures are based for another system already we can work around
that by using sabot bases when the time comes. If they aren't based yet,
you can get the base dimensions on "samplepages2.pdf" on the Imperial
Lances Yahoo group here:
/
<http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Sample%20Page&;#92;
s/>

[...]

Great.
Between Dave R., You and the Corp or so that I have, that aught to just about cover the Russians.

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., "The Tin Dictator" wrote:

> I know the game is a year away, but its time we started figuring out
> where we stand for troops for the Borodino project.
>
> The OOB labels are in the Files section of the Imperial Lances Yahoo
> group here:
> le%20of%20Borodino/
> <http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Scenarios/Bat\
> tle%20of%20Borodino/> and also in the files section of this Yahoo
> group. Along with the label explanation sheet for those of you less
> familiar with the rules.
>
> If your figures are based for another system already we can work around
> that by using sabot bases when the time comes. If they aren't based yet,
> you can get the base dimensions on "samplepages2.pdf" on the Imperial
> Lances Yahoo group here:
> /
> <http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Sample%20Page\
> s/>
>
> Please take some time to look through your 15mm Napoleonic figures. Let
> me know which formations you can definately cover right now so we can
> can minimize any duplication of effort. I will keep track of who wants
> to play and which troops are accounted for on a master OOB so all the
> info is in one place.
>
> I have a good chunk of the French. And some Russians. But I know I'll be
> short of cavalry. I'll do a complete inventory this coming weekend.
>
> There should be 20+ players in the game. Among that many we should be
> able to field the necessary troops. And a year gives us time to grab
> whatever we're still missing and get it ready. If it isn't painted, it
> doesn't play.
>
> And yes, I will begin working on the terrain boards in October. It will
> take a while. Anyone who wants to assist is welcome.
>
> Bob

David Rodgers <david.rodgers@...>

 I will have the artillery and just about all of the Cossacks covered.  I will be short some cavalry and commanders/aides. Once the PhilGreg order is back it will come into shape nicely.

I also have 4 or 5 corp's of the infantry done and another 4 or 5 out to PhilGreg so I think we may be close..

From: The Tin Dictator
To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
Date: 08/24/2011 07:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Re: Project Borodino
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Great.
Between Dave R., You and the Corp or so that I have, that aught to just about cover the Russians.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:21 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I should have most of the Poles covered, and a chunk of Russians.  I need to rebase but have some spare figures so that should not be a problem.  I am currently out of town but will give you a more exact account in the next couple of weeks.

JC

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., "The Tin Dictator" wrote:

> I know the game is a year away, but its time we started figuring out
> where we stand for troops for the Borodino project.
>
> The OOB labels are in the Files section of the Imperial Lances Yahoo
> group here:
> le%20of%20Borodino/
> <http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Scenarios/Bat\
> tle%20of%20Borodino/>  and also in the files section of this Yahoo
> group. Along with the label explanation sheet for those of you less
> familiar with the rules.
>
> If your figures are based for another system already we can work around
> that by using sabot bases when the time comes. If they aren't based yet,
> you can get the base dimensions on "samplepages2.pdf"  on the Imperial
> Lances Yahoo group here:
> /
> <http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imperial_Lances/files/Sample%20Page\
> s/>
>
> Please take some time to look through your 15mm Napoleonic figures. Let
> me know which formations you can definately cover right now so we can
> can minimize any duplication of effort. I will keep track of who wants
> to play and which troops are accounted for on a master OOB so all the
> info is in one place.
>
> I have a good chunk of the French. And some Russians. But I know I'll be
> short of cavalry.  I'll do a complete inventory this coming weekend.
>
> There should be 20+ players in the game. Among that many we should be
> able to field the necessary troops. And a year gives us time to grab
> whatever we're still missing and get it ready.  If it isn't painted, it
> doesn't play.
>
> And yes, I will begin working on the terrain boards in October. It will
> take a while. Anyone who wants to assist is welcome.
>
> Bob

The Tin Dictator <TinDictator@...>

OK then....

I have the French Line Infantry covered. Plus extras.
I'm not counting the figures needed to fill the French formations that Rolland said he was doing.
But I have enough if necessary to do so.

I'm going to begin working on the French Imperial Guard.
I need some more Young Guard and the Cavalry to finish them off.

Otherwise, I need bunches of Frog Cavalry.
Who has French Cavalry?
I have some but we need to fill the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Cavalry Corps.
Particulary Chasseurs. We need 46 squadrons. I have 4.
And Cuirassiers. We need 40 squadrons. I have 18.

Rolland says he's doing the 4th Cavalry Corps.
So those numbers don't include them.

I have all the Portuguese, Spanish, Bavarians, Baden and Prussians covered.
John says he has the Poles covered.
Rolland says he has the Italians.

Saxons ???..................... Mark?
Wurttembergers ???....... Rolland and Mark?
Croats ???...................... ?
Russians ???.................. Dave R. and ?

Rolland LaHaie <rollandlahaie@...>

Bob-

I can do the Croats.  There aren't that many of them.  Since they were converted Austrian Grenzers, I've read in some sources that they were in fact still in the Grenzer uniforms.  So if we just use them, I have them done already.

I can supply 12 more squadrons of French Cuirassiers at the moment.

I also have the Westphalians in VIII Corps covered.

-Rolland

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
From: TinDictator@...
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:52:06 -0700

[...]

Rolland,

You are doing the IV Cavalry Corps also right?
There are Westphalian Cuirassiers and Horse Artillery in that Corp as well.
Do you have them covered too?

=======================================

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...
From: TinDictator@...
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:52:06 -0700

[...]

Yes indeed El Jefe, I shall cover those!

To: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

From: TinDictator@...
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:52:06 -0700

[...]

SNIP

John says he has the Poles covered.
[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

kochese <kochese@...>

Bob,
I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

THE TIN DICTATOR <TinDictator@...>

Larry,

Is a “bunch” and a “ton” enough to cover the shortfalls?

Or do we still need more?

Bob

I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

kochese <kochese@...>

How many figures do you need? What's a squadron? I will then translate into tons and bunches.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM, THE TIN DICTATOR <TinDictator@...> wrote:

Larry,

Is a “bunch” and a “ton” enough to cover the shortfalls?

Or do we still need more?

Bob

I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

THE TIN DICTATOR <TinDictator@...>

We are good with the Dragoons.

We need 22 squadrons of Cuirassiers (3 figures each) and 42 squadrons of Chasseurs (2 figures each)

I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

kochese <kochese@...>

My figures are mounted 2 to a stand with a 1" frontage.
I have 20 stands of french heavies in bicorne
25 stands of dragoons in helmet
40 stands of light horse. Mostly Hussar types in the earlier head gear some in green uniforms. No lancers. If you can figure out how to integrate them into your system, you can use whatever you need.

Larry

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:17 PM, THE TIN DICTATOR <TinDictator@...> wrote:

We are good with the Dragoons.

We need 22 squadrons of Cuirassiers (3 figures each) and 42 squadrons of Chasseurs (2 figures each)

I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

THE TIN DICTATOR <TinDictator@...>

If you don’t mind me putting metal or magnets on the bottom of their bases and mounting them on a larger sabot base they should be easy to integrate.

Really only need the Cuirassiers and whatever green-uniformed lights you have.

Pull them out and bring them to next Saturday’s game and we’ll discuss.

We also will need 3 stands of French Carabiniers if anyone has some.

Bob

I have french cuirassiers in bicorne ( a bunch) also a ton of french dragoons and light horse (not Chasseurs).

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

-- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@..., The Tin Dictator wrote:

SNIP

> John says he has the Poles covered.

[JC] I have Russians too. Waiting on order for 30 x 30 mm bases - have to cut them down. Will have a better idea what's what when I have rebased stuff.

JC

Mark K

the bob...

crooats are done.
bavarians are done
wurttembergers are do e
badeners are done
hesse-darmstadt is done
saxons ae done

i also have some italians to add to others.
1 have the 2 froggy carb. regiments, and 12 sq. froggy guard cav.

From: TinDictator@...
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:52:06 -0700

[...]

David dropped off his troop list last Saturday.
We still need lots-o-Ruskies.

Mostly line Infantry and Cavalry.

Who else said they had some?
And what do you have?