Date   
Re: My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

 

My timing sucked!  My wife got the box that was delivered to our front door with $300 of WSS miniatures from Front Rank....it's a good thing she's so understanding of my hobby.  


From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:48 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest
 
You have your timing down pat. Having them arrive when she is out of town. You Sly Dog!

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:21 AM El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:
So this showed up today, which is convenient since the missus is in Seattle on business. If she ever sniffs out the cost of these items I may be in deep doo doo.

Re: BKC IV photo: PZIIIs in the attack

 

I'm sold on Blitzkrieg Commander  IV edition for larger battles (one vehicle = one platoon...but I'm prejudiced....been playing for years.  Maybe Bob, Dave, or Ed could chime in.

Ray


From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...>
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2020 1:25 AM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] BKC IV photo: PZIIIs in the attack
 
Looks great! What are your thoughts on the rules so far? I've been considering them for my 6mm WWII guys. (I use Fistful of Tows 3 right now).

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 15:32 Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:
Attached is a photo of PZIIIs overrunning the American forward positions.  In the photo you can see destroyed M3 Lee tanks, and a few US half tracks that were not able to pull back fast enough.  It was a brutal game for the Americans.

New Tom Hanks war flick....trailer looks good

 

Here' a link to the movie, "Greyhound," where Hanks commands a destroyer protecting a convoy heading to the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pNgAZVrf40

Ray

Re: BKC IV photo: PZIIIs in the attack

El Rolando
 

Looks great! What are your thoughts on the rules so far? I've been considering them for my 6mm WWII guys. (I use Fistful of Tows 3 right now).


On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 15:32 Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:
Attached is a photo of PZIIIs overrunning the American forward positions.  In the photo you can see destroyed M3 Lee tanks, and a few US half tracks that were not able to pull back fast enough.  It was a brutal game for the Americans.

BKC IV photo: PZIIIs in the attack

 
Edited

Attached is a photo of PZIIIs overrunning the American forward positions.  In the photo you can see destroyed M3 Lee tanks, and a few US half tracks that were not able to pull back fast enough.  It was a brutal game for the Americans.

Re: My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

Kochese (Larry)
 

You have your timing down pat. Having them arrive when she is out of town. You Sly Dog!

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:21 AM El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:
So this showed up today, which is convenient since the missus is in Seattle on business. If she ever sniffs out the cost of these items I may be in deep doo doo.

My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

El Rolando
 
Edited

So this showed up today, which is convenient since the missus is in Seattle on business. If she ever sniffs out the cost of these items I may be in deep doo doo.

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

El Rolando
 

I dont see why not, though I feel like you would have to do something about the command structure at point since divisional commanders a re represented.


On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 09:06 Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

I found a PDF of March Attack. 

I uploaded it to the files. 

To those of you who have played it;  Is it able to play correctly if we call each unit a brigade rather than a battalion?

I’m liking the 2-stands-per-unit approach. 


Bob

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Bob
 

I found a PDF of March Attack. 

I uploaded it to the files. 

To those of you who have played it;  Is it able to play correctly if we call each unit a brigade rather than a battalion?

I’m liking the 2-stands-per-unit approach. 


Bob

New file uploaded to The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Notification <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society+notification@...>
 

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Bob <brodgers@...>

Description:
March Attack rules

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

El Rolando
 

March attack is a damn good game, though designed for a corps per side at its height. Two stands make an infantry battalion or cavalry regiment, with a combat rating equivalent to 100 muskets or sabres. (So a battalion CR7 would represent 700 men).

There's a free chapter online as well as a combat tutorial featuring Lobau's defense of Plancenoit.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 08:29 Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:
Here’s the March Attack QRS. 

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Bob
 

I have also ordered a set of rules named “March Attack” which appears to be very similar in scale to Snappy Nappy but it uses D6’s rather than D10’s. 

Should arrive sometime next week. 

Upcoming Event: Battlefront WWII - Sat, 03/07/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>
 

Reminder: Battlefront WWII

When: Saturday, 7 March 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:TTGS War Room

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Ed

Description: Americans vs Germans
Somewhere in the European countryside. 

The Americans held the village last game.
The Germans are back again for revenge !


Rules: Battlefront WWII
Scale: 15mm

 

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Don L
 

I just saw a web site for Blundersonthe Danube. Mostly 1809 but also has campaign scenarios for SnappyNappy for 1814, Spain and others.
Never played SnappyNappy(the name?) but the campaign reports look interesting.

On Mar 3, 2020, at 2:34 PM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

At the scale the game represents maybe it would make it easier to utilize everybody's collections without any rebasing. I'll get a copy as well and give them a looking over.

That Marengo campaign by the Little Wars chaps is pretty impressive. Seems like this would check the box that we could accomplish Leipzig in a weekend.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020, 14:18 Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

So after watching the battle and the review, I would offer the following.

  1. It looks like it may fit the bill for a massive Leipzig.
  2. Scale for figures 2 bases for unit, 1 for artillery. Infantry=2000, Cavalry=750, artillery=24 guns.  Very doable.
  3. They used Age of Eagles and thought this was faster than that.
  4. Their “criticisms” seem like positive features for the scale of Leipzig. There were certain aspects that the commented on in the rules that were vaguely similar to the King of the Battlefield style, which again is a positive for the scale of Leipzig.

 

While I am leery of the map to map campaign, that may work for Leipzig.  Note I love campaigns, but coordinating multiple battles at the same time and efficiently is a task.

 

I hate the title and have avoided the rules because of that. Maybe I will get a copy at Cold Wars.

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:30 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

 

I meant the little wars Marengo was that a hard copy or video?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:23 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.

But yes, I can loan it out. 

 




On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

 

Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 





On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.




Re: Upcoming Event: Battlefront WWII - Sat, 03/07/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Ed
 

I have plenty of figures to accommodate anyone who shows up.  Come and lead the Kampfgruppe/Combat Command!

On 3/2/2020 12:00 PM, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar wrote:

Reminder: Battlefront WWII

When: Saturday, 7 March 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:TTGS War Room

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Organizer: Ed

Description: Americans vs Germans
Somewhere in the European countryside. 

The Americans held the village last game.
The Germans are back again for revenge !


Rules: Battlefront WWII
Scale: 15mm

 


Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

El Rolando
 

At the scale the game represents maybe it would make it easier to utilize everybody's collections without any rebasing. I'll get a copy as well and give them a looking over.

That Marengo campaign by the Little Wars chaps is pretty impressive. Seems like this would check the box that we could accomplish Leipzig in a weekend.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020, 14:18 Dan H <danh@...> wrote:

So after watching the battle and the review, I would offer the following.

  1. It looks like it may fit the bill for a massive Leipzig.
  2. Scale for figures 2 bases for unit, 1 for artillery. Infantry=2000, Cavalry=750, artillery=24 guns.  Very doable.
  3. They used Age of Eagles and thought this was faster than that.
  4. Their “criticisms” seem like positive features for the scale of Leipzig. There were certain aspects that the commented on in the rules that were vaguely similar to the King of the Battlefield style, which again is a positive for the scale of Leipzig.

 

While I am leery of the map to map campaign, that may work for Leipzig.  Note I love campaigns, but coordinating multiple battles at the same time and efficiently is a task.

 

I hate the title and have avoided the rules because of that. Maybe I will get a copy at Cold Wars.

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:30 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



I meant the little wars Marengo was that a hard copy or video?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:23 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.

But yes, I can loan it out. 

 




On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 





On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Dan H
 

So after watching the battle and the review, I would offer the following.

  1. It looks like it may fit the bill for a massive Leipzig.
  2. Scale for figures 2 bases for unit, 1 for artillery. Infantry=2000, Cavalry=750, artillery=24 guns.  Very doable.
  3. They used Age of Eagles and thought this was faster than that.
  4. Their “criticisms” seem like positive features for the scale of Leipzig. There were certain aspects that the commented on in the rules that were vaguely similar to the King of the Battlefield style, which again is a positive for the scale of Leipzig.

 

While I am leery of the map to map campaign, that may work for Leipzig.  Note I love campaigns, but coordinating multiple battles at the same time and efficiently is a task.

 

I hate the title and have avoided the rules because of that. Maybe I will get a copy at Cold Wars.

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:30 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



I meant the little wars Marengo was that a hard copy or video?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:23 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.

But yes, I can loan it out. 

 




On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 





On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Bob
 

On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



I meant the little wars Marengo was that a hard copy or video?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:23 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.

But yes, I can loan it out. 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 




On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Dan H
 

I meant the little wars Marengo was that a hard copy or video?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:23 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.

But yes, I can loan it out. 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 




On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.

Re: Club Project - Leipzig #Club_Project #poll

Bob
 

It’s a hard copy not a PDF.
But yes, I can loan it out. 


On Mar 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Dan H <danh@...> wrote:



Could you send that around?

 

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Club Project - Leipzig

 

I ordered a copy after I watched the Little Wars TV Marengo campaign they did. 

Hasn’t arrived yet but looks like it. Could be a possibility.  

 

 



On Mar 3, 2020, at 11:43 AM, El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:

Has anybody read/own/tried Snappy Nappy? My understanding is that it's designed for the bigger dust ups, though I may be mistsken.