Date   
Re: air rules

Bob
 
Edited

For Check your Six require a hex grid?
Or can it be played without one?

Bob


On Aug 17, 2019 at 8:52 PM, <Chad Lunceford> wrote:

I was at Zia records today, who now also carries books.  Found a copy of Check your 6! for next to nothing--what a find!  Anyways, I have these rules now and would love to try them out at some point with a willing and interested participant.  I have a 3mm scale hex map and a number of planes painted up we could use.  I made the map for Fighting Wings (Clash of Arms), because I kept getting in trouble for hogging the dinner table.  :)  

Re: air rules

Chad Lunceford
 
Edited

It does require a hex grid.


On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 20:55, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:
For Check your Six require a hex grid?
Or can it be played without one?

Bob


On Aug 17, 2019 at 8:52 PM, <Chad Lunceford> wrote:

I was at Zia records today, who now also carries books.  Found a copy of Check your 6! for next to nothing--what a find!  Anyways, I have these rules now and would love to try them out at some point with a willing and interested participant.  I have a 3mm scale hex map and a number of planes painted up we could use.  I made the map for Fighting Wings (Clash of Arms), because I kept getting in trouble for hogging the dinner table.  :)  

SAGA 2 Rehearsal

Sylvain
 

Bob,
Thank you very much for hosting the SAGA event. It was a lot of fun but there is definitively a learning curve. I like it over Lion Rampant
I  uploaded a few files into the following folder https://groups.io/g/The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society/files/Various%20Rules/SAGA%202/PDFs
Looks my troops bumped up on the priority list

Enjoy the reading !!!

Regards


Sylvain

Re: Yesterday’s game

Michael Farley
 

Great looking game. Up here in Prescott we have been playing a fantasy version of SAGA. I put together some photographs of todays game and set it to music. You can have a look here. https://youtu.be/jJEPQ4pde3g

 

Im still fiddling with it trying to get more explaining text in I’m thinking.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Bob
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 6:45 AM
To: Table Top Gaming Society
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Yesterday’s game

 

Here are a couple pics from yesterday’s game. Many thanks to Michael for running it.

 

In the pictures are:  Clark, David, Mike, Chad, Ray, Ed, John & Timothy.

 

Also present, but not pictured were Larry, Michael, Bob and the Swedish Bikini Team.

 

A great time was had by all.

 

Bob

 

 

 

 

 

 

Re: Yesterday’s game

Sylvain
 

Michael and Bob
Glad you play Saga and Prescott. Some good gamers from Las Vegas were looking for players in their city. It is “only” 4 hours from you and I am only 1.5 hours from you guys. 
It might be a good solution in the long term. 
I have been to the store you play. Nice store. 

Sylvain 


On Aug 20, 2019, at 6:05 PM, Michael Farley via Groups.Io <mfarl2001@...> wrote:

Great looking game. Up here in Prescott we have been playing a fantasy version of SAGA. I put together some photographs of todays game and set it to music. You can have a look here. https://youtu.be/jJEPQ4pde3g

 

Im still fiddling with it trying to get more explaining text in I’m thinking.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Bob
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 6:45 AM
To: Table Top Gaming Society
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Yesterday’s game

 

Here are a couple pics from yesterday’s game. Many thanks to Michael for running it.

 

In the pictures are:  Clark, David, Mike, Chad, Ray, Ed, John & Timothy.

 

Also present, but not pictured were Larry, Michael, Bob and the Swedish Bikini Team.

 

A great time was had by all.

 

Bob

 

 

 

 

 

 

Philgreg Order

Bob
 

Guys, 
Start bagging up whatever you want to send off to Philgreg to be painted. Bring it over when you come to the next couple of games and I’ll put the order together and advise you on the cost after everyone gets their stuff in and I can weigh it all.

Costs include:
- The  paint job (paid up front)
- Postage there (you pay a proportionate percentage based on weight up front)
- Postage back (you pay a proportionate percentage based on weight before they ship it all back)

There are usually three levels of paint job to pick from; Wargamer, Collector, and Showcase. 

Put your figures in ziplock baggies. Include a picture of how you want them painted, Note how many in each bag. And put your name on the bag.

Cavalry counts as two figures. Even if it’s a one-piece casting.

Here’s the link if you need more info:

Bob

Updated Event: "Black Powder" RUSSO-TURKISH WAR - Saturday, 14 September 2019 #cal-invite

The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@...>
 

"Black Powder" RUSSO-TURKISH WAR

When:
Saturday, 14 September 2019
12:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:
Bob's War Room

Organizer:
madmachell@... 785-550-4050

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

There were several wars between the Ottoman and Russian Empires between the 17th and 19th centuries.  The game will focus on the 1877-78 war that ultimately resulted in the independent states of Bulgaria, Rumania and Serbia.  This scenario is a hypothetical, but fairly representative battle in which the defending Ottomans attempt to fight off a mostly Russian army joined by Rumanian and Bulgarian allied contingents shortly after the initial crossing of the Danube River at the commencement of hostilities.  For those not familiar with this obscure war, by its end the Russians were advancing on Constantinople with the hope of controlling the Straits of the Dardanelles and achieving their dream of being the successors to the ancient Byzantine Empire in Europe and Asia Minor.  They might have succeeded if not for British, French and German diplomatic intervention to preserve the European balance of power.  This was one of several short, decisive "hyphenated" wars in the middle-19th century, which included the Franco-Sardinian, Austro-Prussian and Franco-Prussian wars.   We'll use the "Black Powder" rules (fortunately someone has created an OOB for RTW using "Black Powder" which I will rely on as the basis for the armies).  The BP rules are fairly versatile, so are just as effective for this period as they are for the earlier "horse and musket" games.  Scale is 15mm with roughly a Corps on each side.

Re: Updated Event: "Black Powder" RUSSO-TURKISH WAR - Saturday, 14 September 2019 #cal-invite

Michael M
 

Unfortunately, something has come up and I will not be able to put on this game August 31st.  I have therefore moved the date to September 14th, which was the next listed game day.    Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.


Michael Machell
madmachell@...


On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 11:11 PM, The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar <the-table-top-gaming-society@groups.io> wrote:
"Black Powder" RUSSO-TURKISH WAR
When:
Saturday, 14 September 2019
12:00pm to 5:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Phoenix
Where:
Bob's War Room
Organizer:
madmachell@... 785-550-4050
An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP
Description:

There were several wars between the Ottoman and Russian Empires between the 17th and 19th centuries.  The game will focus on the 1877-78 war that ultimately resulted in the independent states of Bulgaria, Rumania and Serbia.  This scenario is a hypothetical, but fairly representative battle in which the defending Ottomans attempt to fight off a mostly Russian army joined by Rumanian and Bulgarian allied contingents shortly after the initial crossing of the Danube River at the commencement of hostilities.  For those not familiar with this obscure war, by its end the Russians were advancing on Constantinople with the hope of controlling the Straits of the Dardanelles and achieving their dream of being the successors to the ancient Byzantine Empire in Europe and Asia Minor.  They might have succeeded if not for British, French and German diplomatic intervention to preserve the European balance of power.  This was one of several short, decisive "hyphenated" wars in the middle-19th century, which included the Franco-Sardinian, Austro-Prussian and Franco-Prussian wars.   We'll use the "Black Powder" rules (fortunately someone has created an OOB for RTW using "Black Powder" which I will rely on as the basis for the armies).  The BP rules are fairly versatile, so are just as effective for this period as they are for the earlier "horse and musket" games.  Scale is 15mm with roughly a Corps on each side.

Re: Philgreg Order

Don L
 


On August 21, 2019 at 1:54 PM Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

Bob, I definitely want to send an order and had planned on being at the Russo-Turk Black Powder game. Now that it been cancelled, I will find some way to get these to you. Unfortunately, I can't make the game on the 24th. Don


 


 
Guys, Start bagging up whatever you want to send off to Philgreg to be painted. Bring it over when you come to the next couple of games and I’ll put the order together and advise you on the cost after everyone gets their stuff in and I can weigh it all.
Costs include:- The  paint job (paid up front)- Postage there (you pay a proportionate percentage based on weight up front)- Postage back ( you pay a proportionate percentage based on weight before they ship it all back)
There are usually three levels of paint job to pick from; Wargamer, Collector, and Showcase. 
Put your figures in ziplock baggies. Include a picture of how you want them painted, Note how many in each bag. And put your name on the bag.
Cavalry counts as two figures. Even if it’s a one-piece casting.
Here’s the link if you need more info:http://miniatures-philgreg.com/
Bob
 
 


 


 

12mm WWII

Kochese (Larry)
 
Edited

Want to get rid of this stuff. If anyone is interested,  let me know.  Will make you a smokin' deal.

Re: 12mm WWII

 

Hey, Larry,
I'm very interested.  What manufacturer and what size?  Are they GHQ, 1/285?

Thanks,

Ray


From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 12:51 AM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] 12mm WWII
 

Want to get rid of this stuff. If anyone is interested,  let me know.  Will make you a smokin' deal.

Re: 12mm WWII

Kochese (Larry)
 

A lot of Pendraken and other manufacturers. scale is 1/186 commonly called 1/200/  10mm.. These are twice the size of GHQ ( Which I also have a ton of.). 15mm scenery goes really well with this scale.The carrying case's do come with.Give me a call if you have more Questions.
480 390 2360.


On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 4:45 PM Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:
Hey, Larry,
I'm very interested.  What manufacturer and what size?  Are they GHQ, 1/285?

Thanks,

Ray


From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 12:51 AM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] 12mm WWII
 

Want to get rid of this stuff. If anyone is interested,  let me know.  Will make you a smokin' deal.

E-Magazine

Bob
 

A new issue of the e-magazine “Warning Order” just came out. Link below;



Re: E-Magazine

Sylvain
 

Bob
Thanks for the eMagazine
Good review of Colonial Rules and ACW rules. 

Sylvain

On Friday, August 23, 2019, 09:14:32 AM MST, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:


A new issue of the e-magazine “Warning Order” just came out. Link below;



August 31st Game Day

 

Due to Michael's rescheduling of his game, the August 31st game slot is open.
That's 8 days from now.

If you want to run a game please put it on the calendar.
If you want to run a game but don't know how to put it on the calendar tell me and I'll do it for you.

Bob

Re: E-Magazine

 

If you like this issue, and if you don't know, you can go to the Wasatch Front Historical Gaming Society (WFHGS) web site http://www.wfhgs.com/ and click on "Warning Order."  All 52 issues are there, and they're worth a look.  Lots of great info, review, and after action reports.

Ray
Welcome to WFHGS. WFHGS is a wargaming group in Northern Utah that primarily focuses on miniatures gaming in a wide variety of periods and scales.
www.wfhgs.com

Re: Historicon 2020

Bob
 

FYI - I’m forwarding this announcement.
The room block for the Historicon hotel will be opened up next week. 

The rooms go fast so if you think you might want to go, get a reservation as soon as you can.

Bob

————————————————

On Aug 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM, <Database> wrote:

Privacy Policy | Website
 

Convention Director’s Report

Before I share the Historicon 2019 report, let me start with the big news...

The HISTORICON room block announcement!

The Marriott at Penn Square room block will open August 26, 2019, at 10am. The link will be posted on the Lodging Information page of the Historicon website, which will also have the phone number for calling in a reservation. Neither the link nor the phone number will work before that time. The 2020 rate remains the same as 2019 at $145 per night!

A room block also has been secured at the Holiday Inn, and we’re waiting to finalize when that will be available. That information will be posted on the Lodging Information page of the website as soon as we know.

The HISTORICON 2019 recap...

Now on to Historicon 2019. This year brought a big change for the show as we journeyed to our new home at the Lancaster County Convention Center (LCCC) in downtown Lancaster, PA. Some anticipated the change with trepidation, others with excitement. Now we can confidently report that the facility did not disappoint. Except for some escalator issues, which the multiple elevators were able to adequately cover, the venue was an excellent place to stay, shop and game. Attendees enjoyed a clean and modern building with high ceilings, plenty of lighting, and AC that was able to keep up with the demand. Food was plentiful with many and varied options in the hotel and within a five-minute walk.

Historicon convention-goers found the downtown fun and welcoming. The visitors bureau hosted guided and self-guided historic tours. Many shops and restaurants lined the streets. Individuals could walk across the street to enjoy an indoor farmers’ market. Within a few blocks, people took in a taste of the local music scene at pubs and rooftop restaurants. Friendly downtown Lancaster “ambassadors” dressed in red are available to assist newcomers as well as city residents. The downtown is also dotted with brightly painted pianos that locals often stopped to play.

As we expected during this year of change, attendance was down a little from last year at 2,272. We look forward to growing attendance as people share their positive experience and we continue to make new improvements.

The exhibit hall sold out with 69 Exhibitors on hand, up from 59 the previous year. This gave attendees a wide variety of vendors to visit.

 

 

 

Our GMs put on another stellar year of games, offered by both individual GMs and the gaming groups they represent. This year those groups included: HAWKs, Carnage & Glory, Pittsburgh Band of Gamers, NOWS, ODGW, Battletech, Naval Wargamers Group, MBA, LARD America, NOVAG, Yellow Worm Gaming Society, Wednesday Night Gamers of Alexandria, and Rogues. In spite of having to put up with some spacing issues, they put on an impressive array of games. We appreciate these efforts and want to let you know that you can expect improvements next year.

Special thanks go to our crew of volunteers. Their dedication and hard work make each HMGS show great. To make 2019 run as smoothly as possible our volunteer staff increased to more than 70. Knowing we had new positions to fill, many stepped up to help.


Our great guests Nikolas “Lindybeige” Lloyd, Bobby Jackson, and Tom Mason made the show extra memorable for attendees with a variety of interests.


Nikolas "Lindybeige" Lloyd


Bobby Jackson

Tom Mason

At Historicon this year, we taped our War College talks for those who couldn’t attend them live. We’ll be releasing the recordings soon … and one is ready for you now. If you missed Nikolas Lloyd’s War College talk, you can catch his “Hannibal and the Second Punic War” presentation on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TScQSglbpXw.

Congratulations to all the Historicon 2019 GM Award winners! The top winners are:

1. Duke Siefried Game Master of the Year Award: James McGaughey.

2. Best of Show: Siege of Paris,” By Erin Spiess (28mm Dark Ages).

3. Best of Theme:Brazen Chariots,” by Adam Wine and NOWS (15mm WWII).

A full list of award winners is on our website at https://www.hmgs.org/page/HconGMAwards.

That’s our quick recap. Don’t forget to reserve your room and make plans for Historicon 2020. See you there!

This email was sent to 'brodgers@...' from The Historical Miniature Gaming Society, Inc.. 
If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by
visiting: http://www.hmgs.org/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=54337145&e=brodgers@...&h=c44792b1ad2ef04a1c6304041ada18d26d67bf11
 
This email was sent to 'brodgers@...' from The Historical Miniature Gaming Society, Inc..
I
f you wish to stop receiving email from us, you may update your email preferences by visiting:http://www.hmgs.org/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=54337145&e=brodgers@...&h=c44792b1ad2ef04a1c6304041ada18d26d67bf11

Re: 12mm WWII

 

Hey, Larry,
I'm gonna have to pass.  I was just looking at my miniatures, which I brought down from Colorado last week (yay!) and I realize I have a ton of 1/285 and 15mm WW2...I can't justify more, and in another size  *sniff*

Ray

Saga rules

Sylvain
 

I received my printed copy of the rules yesterday. I only had the battle supplement. I just went through a first full reading of the SAGA rules and they are really awesome. It takes a very careful reading to grasp the nuances.

For example the mounted Composite bow is amazing: They can move L then shoot twice without fatigue at range M and without activation and then move L back for 1 fatigue. And they are out of range of any shooting or melee. It costs you two activations but it is deadly (actually only 1 activation if the composite bows are within S of a warlord because of the we obey rules). Then the fatigue can be removed with the next activation.
It simulates well the Mongol flight and run.

It looks like the Warlord can die but he has so many good special rules that a warlord well protected with a large accompanying bodyguard. You can take casualties.

Should we play again at the end of September?

All rules and needed supplements have been uploaded to the files.

I am motivated to paint :-)

Sylvain

Re: Saga rules

Mike Dolan
 

I agree the sooner the better.


On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 4:54 PM Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I received my printed copy of the rules yesterday. I only had the battle supplement. I just went through a first full reading of the SAGA rules and they are really awesome. It takes a very careful reading to grasp the nuances. 

For example the mounted Composite bow is amazing: They can move L then shoot twice without fatigue at range M and without activation and then move L back for 1 fatigue. And they are out of range of any shooting or melee. It costs you two activations but it is deadly (actually only 1 activation if the composite bows are within S of a warlord because of the we obey rules). Then the fatigue can be removed with the next activation.
It simulates well the Mongol flight and run.

It looks like the Warlord can die but he has so many good special rules that a warlord well protected with a large accompanying bodyguard. You can take casualties.

Should we play again at the end of September?

All rules and needed supplements have been uploaded to the files.

I am motivated to paint :-)

Sylvain




--
Mike Dolan