Re: The Wargamer's Lament

El Rolando

A nice sea shanty for wargamers. Love it.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021, 11:16 Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
Here are the lyrics in case you want to sing along:

There once was a man, a Guy you’d say,
who games of war would often play.
The scale was small but armies large and
oh how they would grow, huh!

Soon may the mailman come to bring more figures, and then some.
One day when the basin’ is done, we’ll take our leave and go

A gamer’s life is an awful curse,
the need for more grows worse and worse
A rule book here, a mini there,
the end you’ll never know, huh!

Soon may the mailman come to bring more figures, and then some.
One day when the basin’ is done, we’ll take our leave and go

The parcels came both night and day
Warlord, Perry, 40k?
The lead piled up, more plans were made
but little could he show, huh!

Soon may the mailman come to bring more figures, and then some.
One day when the basin’ is done, we’ll take our leave and go

The years have past, our Guy’s grown old
Still out there painting, so I’m told
No end’s in sight, he cannot die
Till his mountain’s been brought low, huh!