From: El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...>
Date: 9/16/20 12:47 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] The Graying of the Hobby Or... Flogging a Very Old Horse

Watched Little Wars TV's video about whether or not historical gaming is dying out, and while there were good points made, I don't see it.  It's an expensive, and time intensive hobby that is best suited for folks middle aged and older.  Though I was a semi-active club member in my late 20's, attending the odd game here and there, I was never able to devote the time I seem to have now in my late 30's to painting, terrain building, and gaming fairly regularly.  In fact, because there was always a financial obligation or saving for a big purchase (like a home) going on in my 20's, paired with young children all over the house, I barely picked up a brush for almost a decade.

During that time, I still kept up on miniature lines, rule sets, and dreamed of the days when I would have the time and money for the truly big projects I wanted to dive into when I had the trifecta of time, money, and space.  I didn't fall away from gaming or a lifelong love of toy soldiers.  I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that it's a hobby that is always going to look 'gray,' because it isn't until your hair starts losing a bit of colour that you can really dive into it.

Anyway, was wondering what the members of our own group thought about it, if they've thought about it at all.