Re: Saturday’s game

JC

If you yell at your solitaire opponent, sadly you are following in the footsteps of the infamous Braxton Bragg, who made major contributions to the eventual Yankee victory in the ACW.

You probably know the story.  Bragg, as commander of a post in pre-war Florida, wrote letters to himself as quartermaster of the post.   Quartermaster Bragg wrote back. etc. etc.   Apparently this was well known in the pre-war army.  Too bad the men in white coats did not come to take him away.................

Try to resist.. It seems to lead to really bad generalship!!

JC

On Monday, June 22, 2020, 05:10:01 PM MST, Michael M via groups.io <madmachell@...> wrote:

My wife has asthma, so being extra cautious before I get back to the gaming.  I hope to be back in the fold late July or maybe August depending on whether Mr. Covid and Mrs. Machell give their permission.

Seems like a really long time ago that I put on the two War of 1812 games, but it was this time only a year ago.

Looking forward to more face-to-face gaming soon.  If you trash talk your solitaire opponent does it mean you need to see a shrink?  Or is that only if your solitaire opponent tells you how much you suck?

Maybe I just need to get out of the house more....

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 06:54 AM, Bob <brodgers.cell@...> wrote:
Guys,
My wife, Karen, has a respiratory infection.
She was tested for covid and she doesn’t have it.
She’s not contagious but she is coughing a lot and it would be best if we postpone the game for another week.
Sylvain has agreed and you’ll note that the calendar has been updated to the 27th
Sorry if this screws up your schedules.