Re: My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

Michael M

3d

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/7/20 8:21 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

Which version of BLB?  I have the first and 3d editions...they both look good, although the third edition rules are much longer.

Ray

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Michael M via Groups.Io <madmachell@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 4:00 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

I recently bought BLB and Twilight of the Sun King.  I have Condray and several other Marlburian rules sets.  I am open to trying any of them out. 

I'm painting late 17th century now in 15mm.  Hope to eventually do Great Northern War.

Michael Machell
madmachell@...

Date: 3/7/20 7:07 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: "The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io Calendar" <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>

I have some 15s—Austrians and a start from many years ago with 28mm Swiss and Prussians that I’ve started on again. I’ve played Beneath the Lily Banner and liked the rules. I’ve ordered Twilight of the Sun King that Friends  up North really like. I played it once at the 7YW convention last year.
Years ago. It was Pat Condray’s rules from Editions Brokaw. 
I may invest in French and/or Bavarians.

On Mar 6, 2020, at 1:48 PM, Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

Yup. I'm going to build an army, if not 2, from the war of the Spanish succession. 

The period interests me because it's one of transition from Pike to musket, and they had not settled on a perfect form for cavalry. Plus the uniforms are awfully pretty!

I have been looking at Beneath the Lily Banner and the Black Powder supplement for rules.

If I remember correctly, you said you had a bunch of these in 15 mm?

Ray

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Date: 3/6/20 12:41 (GMT-07:00)

Ray,
Are you building WSS 28mm?

On Mar 5, 2020, at 7:48 PM, Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

My timing sucked!  My wife got the box that was delivered to our front door with $300 of WSS miniatures from Front Rank....it's a good thing she's so understanding of my hobby.  

From: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io> on behalf of Kochese (Larry) <kochese@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:48 PM
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io <The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] My wife may kill me, but it was worth it #General-Interest

You have your timing down pat. Having them arrive when she is out of town. You Sly Dog!

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:21 AM El Rolando <rollandlahaie@...> wrote:
So this showed up today, which is convenient since the missus is in Seattle on business. If she ever sniffs out the cost of these items I may be in deep doo doo.

Join The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.