Re: Upcoming Event: Battle of Culpeper's Run. (continued) - Sat, 01/11/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Michael M

I am currently painting 15mm armies for the late 17th century "Louis XIV" period.  I'm working on Austrian now with Savoyard, French and Ottoman to follow.  It will take me a while before I have enough done to do a battle.  Looking at various rules sets including Beneath the Lily Banners and Twilight of the Sun King.  Warlord's Pike and Shotte has a scenario for 1690 too.

I have long wanted to do Great Northern War.  I have unpainted 15mm figures set aside for this period, mostly Dixon and Roundway.

Damn, I really do need to retire to get all these projects done!

From: "Sylvain via Groups.Io" <Sylvainnc@...>
Date: 1/10/20 5:46 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io
Subject: Re: [The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society] Upcoming Event: Battle of Culpeper's Run. (continued) - Sat, 01/11/2020 12:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Ray
It is a great period even if we French call it the Roi Soleil period. Who cares about a cigarette brand general :-)
A lot of games were about it every time I went to the seven year war convention
I liked playing Warfare in the age of reason but I am open to any rules set

Sylvain

On Jan 10, 2020, at 5:34 PM, Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

Same period, that would be easy to fit in.

From: "Kochese (Larry)" <kochese@...>
Date: 1/10/20 4:58 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: The-Table-Top-Gaming-Society@groups.io

How about Peter the Greats Russki's?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 4:38 PM Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:
I haven't decided yet.

French are required...kinda like Napoleonics.  No French, no battles.

The Brits are another obvious choice, with their Dutch allies. But Bavarians and Austrians would be cool too.

From: Ed <ekj2908@...>
Date: 1/10/20 4:28 PM (GMT-07:00)

Which faction are you going to do?

On 1/10/2020 2:33 PM, Ray Levesque wrote:
Oh, speaking of new stuff that we should never have to buy, this arrived to day. I could not resist the sale. All this for just $108.  Of course, now I have to send them to Sri Lanka to get painted... after I glue them altogether.

<storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20200110_143153_jpg_1578692117795>

From: "Sylvain via Groups.Io" <Sylvainnc@...>
Date: 1/10/20 2:17 PM (GMT-07:00)

Ray
I can relate. We have so many new friends that want to "see us". I did not have those in Illinois or Indiana...
Bad luck for them, my guest room is my office/painting studio/gaming room
Cannot work, paint or game when they are here....

On Friday, January 10, 2020, 02:07:41 PM MST, Ray Levesque <raylev3@...> wrote:

It's a matter of priorities, my friend. I'd say your out of town "friends" are taking advantage of you being in Phoenix during the winter!  We would never take advantage of you like that.

From: "Michael M via Groups.Io" <madmachell@...>
Date: 1/10/20 12:38 PM (GMT-07:00)

We have out-of-town visitors again this weekend, so can't make it.

I clearly need to realign my priorities.  My new year's resolution is to ditch my non-Phoenix friends and replace them with local friends so I can game more.

You can see that loyalty is one of my strengths : )

Enjoy the game tomorrow and take good pictures.   Hope to see you all soon!

Date: 1/10/20 12:00 PM (GMT-07:00)

Reminder: Battle of Culpeper's Run. (continued)

When: Saturday, 11 January 2020, 12:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:TTGS War Room

Organizer: Bob