Mike
I have way over 8 squads of each

Sylvain

On Jul 28, 2019, at 8:58 AM, Mike Dolan <dolanz999@...> wrote:

Hello Sylvain,

Mike D here. Do you have 8 squads of American and German Inf WW 2, 16 in total? If I can find someone who is interested in learning the rules I think I have thought of a way to play an 8 player Chain of Command scenario that would force people to have to work together in pairs and would not require a lot of waiting around? Please let me know your thoughts.

TY

Mike

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 4:37 PM Sylvain via Groups.Io <Sylvainnc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It was done and it was a lot of fun :-)

On Jul 25, 2019, at 4:34 PM, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

We did Waterloo and Austerlitz on my table using Age of Eagles.
We did Borodino in my garage using Imperial Lances.

So, it can be done.

On Jul 25, 2019, at 4:32 PM, Don L <dleuenbe@...> wrote:

Bob,

I agree but there are a lot of meeting engagements and run up to battles that can be fun. I'm thinking of the 1805 Russian retreat down the Danube after the Austrian fiasco at ULM and the 1809 engagements in Bavaria. Certainly could not do big battles likeAusterlitz, Eylau or Borodino--but I'm not sure that there is any scale (at least that I can see to paint) that would allow this.

Don

On July 25, 2019 at 5:20 PM Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

General de Brigade is 1:20 (36-man Battalions) scale.  Empire is 1:60 (12-man Battalions).
Having never played it, I assume that each player could run about a Division.
Probably couldn't do more than a couple Corps per side on my table.

So we could push a lot of lead but we couldn't redo any full-scale battles.

Mike Dolan