Re: Games and new members #General-Interest

John C

Over the Top was by the late Greg Novak IIRC, and was related to Command Decision/Test of Battle by Frank Chadwick, a WW2 ruleset.   Mike can correct me if I am wrong.

JC

On Saturday, January 26, 2019, 10:10:32 AM MST, Bob <brodgers@...> wrote:

Game On is in Prescott right?
That might be a bit of a drive for you to come down to Mesa and game. But if you ever want to, we’ll be here.

I thought Over the Top was a WWI rule set?
Not familiar with Test of Battle.

I am interested in hearing how you like Berthier. We have run a few campaigns over the years but the bookkeeping has always been manual. Is there a steep learning curve? And/or a large amount of data entry before you can start the actual campaign game?

Haven’t played Division Commander.
For WWII we have played Blitzkrieg Commander, Disposable Heroes, Flames of War, Bolt Action, Battlefront WWII, Rules of Engagement, and probably a couple others that don’t immediately come to mind.
My favorite so far has been Rules of Engagement. Its 25/28mm platoon level.

Larry has been trying to get a Hurrah Stalino game going. Its Divisional in scale but sounds a bit like Division Commander also.
There’s a copy of the rules in the files section.

Bob

On Jan 26, 2019, at 9:34 AM, Michael Farley via Groups.Io <mfarl2001@...> wrote:

OK sure! The fool on the hill here. Kerry n I just finish a miniatures mini-campaign using Over the Top morphed into Test of Battle. So no keeping track of hits but each hit is rolled on a chart to determine if “no effect, fall back, or eliminated”. Fun little game, we used Berthier again and I was going to do up the play back a post it soon. Next Wednesday I was gonna roll out some WWII microarmor to try these Division Commander rules. Each 1” by 1” base is a battalion, 3” is a mile, variable number of turns but each turn is a hour and a half. You roll for divisions to see if they crap out for the day, more veteran units typically get more done in a day. Gonna do “Delaying action at Kharkov, Aug 20th 1943. Its part of a series of senarios centered around the 6th Panzer Division known as the “Alarmeinheiten” division.  A very different kind of scale but looks interesting and I appreciate the ability to do multiple day battles. So that’s what we are currently up to. We game at Game On by the way.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10