HMGS Pacific South West - Miniwars 2018

JC

Hi,

Here is the PEL (Preliminary Events List) for the HMGS Pacific South West Fall Convention to be held on the campus of Cal State Fullerton University on Saturday October 13th and Sunday October 14th.   Quite a wide list of stuff.
Fullerton is a suburb of LA, roughly south east of LA itself.   The campus is quite accessible off the 57 (?) freeway - I think I got the number correct!
Arizona is technically part of HMGS-PSW, although I am not sure there has ever been a HMGS event here.   We do have a representative but he is inactive AFAIK.

Saturday October 13th Day
Crusader Castle Assault Rules: Osprey Lion Rampant Modified- https://ospreypublishing.com/lion-rampant-medieval-wargami…/
1863 Battle in the Shenandoah Valley Rules: Fire and Maneuver
1644 Marston Moor Rules: Warlord Games Pike & Shotte - https://www.warlordgames.com/pike-shotte/
1904 Battle of Tsushima Rule
s: Joe Struck’s Battlefleet Rules
Wings of Glory WW1 Aircraft
1808 Battle of Vimeiro August Rules: Club / Homebrew rules on https://wargamerabbit.wordpress.com/
1944 Operation Martlet June 26th Rules: Gepanzerte Faust WW2
279BC Battle of Asculum Rules: Ancient Battle Cards
1274 BC Battle of Kadesh Rules: Warlord Games Hail Caesar - https://www.warlordgames.com/hail-caesar/
Star Trek Attack Wing Rules: Wizkids Star Trek Attack Wing - https://wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/
1904 Japanese Russo War Jan. 27th Rules: Days of Thunder
1942 East front Tank Battle Rules: Tank Tables
War at Sea WW2 Naval Miniatures Game
Tournaments Saturday
Name of the Game: Saga 2nd Edition Tournament
GM: William Stilwell, whsjr3@...
Name of the Game: X-Wing Miniatures 1.0 Demo and Kids Tournament under 18 yo
GM: Patrick Sewell, dogbert_isu@...
Flames of War 4th Edition– Mid War
Tournament information/sign ups can be found on the Flames of War website at:
Bolt Action – Bolt Action Tourney: 800 points force. BA Second Edition rules
The force must consist of a maximum of ONE Generic Infantry (Reinforced) Platoon. No TANK Platoons (Tank Teams OK).
No Special Characters.
No experimental rules (eg: no airplanes)
Full info here: http://nodicenoglory.com/NDNGforum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445
Board Gaming Saturday
The Wargame Bootcamp was formed in 2006 at the Strategicon game convention in Los Angeles by a group of wargamers.
We looked around the gaming convention and saw hundreds of Eurogames being played. Yet only a small handful of wargames were present. When we started asking people why they would not play wargames, we found out that most people thought the wargames were a) too hard and b) took too long to play. We decided to change that. Wargame Bootcamp was started in order to teach people how to play wargames and to show other gamers that there are easy, quick wargames out there. We invite all beginners and experienced players to learn new and classic war games. The average player will learn in approximately an hour and a half. The range of titles is wide and covers from the newest to the most classic of war games.
Demo Games Saturday
Prehistoric Cthulhu Xothic Wars
Game Master Name: Gobbo Town Games
Rules: Gobbo Town Games Cthulhu Xothic Wars - https://www.gobbotown.com/xothicwars
Star Wars Armada Rules: Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Armada
Cav: Strike Ops Rules: CAV: Strike Operations by Talon Games
Flea Market Saturday
There will be a Flea Market at Mini-Wars 2018 from 9:00AM to 6:00PM on Saturday and Sunday. Flea Market vendors will need to buy admission into the convention. There are 4 tables available in one hour time blocks. Their sizes are: 3 at 6’ x 30” and one is roughly 10' x 30" and are available in the following formats:
1/2 table (~30"x30" square) - $2 for 1 hour, $3 for 2 hours
Full table (30"x6') - $5 for 2 hours.
Grand Table (30"x10') - $8 for two hours
The rules:
• No mass stock of new product - this is for you to conveniently offload unwanted hobby items. Single examples of new items you bought for yourself but never got to are fine
• If one of the fine merchants selling at our convention has the product, please use discretion and not compete with them
• If there’s a waiting list, then the 2-hour limit will be enforced. You’ll be able to get back in line.
• As this is open to the public, please use discretion in what products you want to sell.
• You don’t have enough for a full table? Or, you’re running a game? Check with Tom first and, if space is available we can combine items into an area. Normal table rates apply plus 10% sales proceeds go to the club to pay for Tom Seeling's time.
Email Tom Seeling to reserve your time. - tomseeling@...

Sunday October 14th Day
100AD Circus Maximus Chariot Race Rules Circus Maximus (Avalon Hill modified).
1944 Peiper's Charge - Running the Gauntlet in the Ardennes Flames of War 3.0
Full Peiper's Charge scenario attachment provided in email links and will be featured, starting in July, on the Wargamerabbit blog highlighting the terrain and miniature preparation reports. https://wargamerabbit.wordpress.com/gaming-warren/
1862 The Battle of Corinth, Oct 4th Rules Mr. Lincoln's War Rules
1863 Battle in the Shenandoah Valley – cont. from Saturday
1920s – 30s Smash and Grab Rules: The Original Pulp Alley rules, possibly modified by character abilities described in the Pulp Leagues supplement.
http://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/f100.htm
Starfleet Battles Rules: Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc Star Fleet Battles Captains Edition
1944 The Russian Front Rules: Fire & Manuever
Demo Games Sunday
Cav: Strike Ops Rules: CAV: Strike Operations by Talon Games
Sunday Tournaments – Information forthcoming for both tournaments
Team Yankee - 70 pts
Normal force composition rules apply, from all Team Yankee force books available up to 1 week prior to tourney
Team Yankee Rules - 3 rounds Each 2 hours
More info: http://nodicenoglory.com/NDNGforum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=448
DBA - information forthcoming

Board Gaming Sunday
The Wargame Bootcamp was formed in 2006 at the Strategicon game convention in Los Angeles by a group of wargamers.
We looked around the gaming convention and saw hundreds of Eurogames being played. Yet only a small handful of wargames were present. When we started asking people why they would not play wargames, we found out that most people thought the wargames were a) too hard and b) took too long to play. We decided to change that. Wargame Bootcamp was started in order to teach people how to play wargames and to show other gamers that there are easy, quick wargames out there. We invite all beginners and experienced players to learn new and classic war games. The average player will learn in approximately an hour and a half. The range of titles is wide and covers from the newest to the most classic of war games.
Flea Market Sunday
See Saturday for description