From: "robeubanks@... [surpluswargaming]"
To: "surplus, wargaming"
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 6:52 AM
Subject: Re: [sw] Painted 15mm US-Mexican War 4sale

I was afraid this was the guy.  His name is Shane, and he lives in Toledo.  Said he was a college student earning extra money.  He told me he was going to set up a name for his painting service, and it was quartermaster something.  Yeah, I sent him a bunch of 10mm Napoleonic Russians.  After an incredibly short six weeks he said they were done and asked for payment...about $310.  I sent it promptly.  He sent me some partially painted artillery pieces, and then some infantry that wasn't even finished, and finally after me begging him for about eight months he returned most of my figures...unpainted or primed horribly...and when I explained that I really didn't think it was fair of him to keep my money after not painting my figures, he offered to send me a refund.  He sent $50, and kept the other $240.  I've never received any replies since then.
Anyone dealing with this quartermaster painter, or Shane in Toledo, should beware.  You'll get screwed.