Re: Stuff for Gettysburg 2013?

JC

Duh! right, right, you did say it was going to be in 10 mm. Obviously I should be Pickett in the Gettysburg action as my brain is going to mush - so no fancy strategizing, I need a "straight at em" type task! :-)

JC

--- In Table_Top_Gaming_Society@yahoogroups.com, kochese <kochese@...> wrote:

We are going to re-fight in 10mm. We have all the figs we need. Thanks for
the offer John.

Larry

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM, JC <curranjohng@...> wrote:

**

This is mainly directed at Larry who was describing yesterday his plans to
probably stage a three day Gettysburg game next year.

As I understood Larry's description the rules are set up around each
regiment being a single base with numerous figures on it. I was doing some
closet cleaning today and found I have a bunch of nicely painted figs,
mostly Stone Mountain, both CSA and USA that I picked up at a Mid West con
about a year ago (they apparently were from the personal collection of
George Johnson, the guy who ran the second hand miniatures operation, GaJo.
George sadly passed away a couple of years back and some buddies were
selling his stuff on his widow's behalf).

The 15 mm figures are based 10 to a base, on 40 mm x 20 mm bases. I have
12 bases of CSA and 36 bases of USA (you can always sell Reb stuff at cons,
but the US stuff moves much more slowly - somehow people forget it takes
two armies to fight a game :-))

Normally I would rebase these to match the stuff I already have (4 figs on
a 1" x 1" base) but if they would be useful in the Gettysburg recreation I
can hold off and let them be used for that. So let me know!?