From: "THE TIN DICTATOR" <TinDictator@...>
To: <Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...>,
Date: 07/27/2012 08:57 PM
Subject: [Table_Top_Gaming_Society] Second Friday Mesa / NerdvanaCon
Sent by: Table_Top_Gaming_Society@...

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 8:33 PM
To: TTGS
Subject: RE: Second Friday Mesa / NerdvanaCon

Bob,

Rick and I are setting up gaming in an empty storefront for the upcoming NerdvanaCon, which is part of Second Fridays in downtown Mesa.  The folks at Queens Pizza have graciously given us an empty storefront (125 W. Main Street) next door to them to run gaming (a portion of it will be used for Retro Video Gaming).  I know it is short notice (we received the info Wed night), and I have no idea what the turnout will be like, but we thought you might want to come out and promote the club and run some games.

The event is Friday night August 10th from 6pm to 10pm and Saturday (times still TBD, but likely 11am - 6 or 7pm).  Hope all is going well,

Like I mentioned earlier, we have no idea if the turnout will be good or bad, as this is the first time they've tried to do this at one of these events.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Jay

Jay Mann
Co-Consul
Vul-Con
602.818.1548
jay@...

Any of you guys interested in this?

It is scheduled on our regular game weekend.

I do not know what NerdvanaCon is.

Here is a blurb:

Bob

NerdvanaCon: Downtown Mesa, 8/10/2012

Nerdvana’s fifth anniversary is nearly upon us — Aug. 22, 2007, was our first post — and we’re planning to celebrate all the geeky things in the East Valley community that have made this blog so successful and rewarding.

Rather than a stand-alone event, NerdvanaCon will serve as the theme of downtown Mesa’s monthly Second Friday block party. Keep watching Nerdvana (as well as Evermore Nevermore, Second Friday and the East Valley Tribune) for specifics, but here’s a taste of what we’re planning:
  • The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th DimensionA free movie screening sponsored by Bookmans Entertainment Exchange and hosted by the Dr. Diabolic Show. Show starts at 9:30 PM and seating is limited, so please arrive early at the OneOhOne Gallery (101 West Main Street, Mesa.)
  • Genre themed discussion panels hosted by the OneOhOne Gallery include:
    • 6 PM ~ How to Draw Sheriff Joe – a workshop presented by Russ Kazmierczak Jr. of Amazing Arizona Comics.
    • 6:30 PM ~ Video Game and Sci-Fi Armor: From Concept to Reality – prop & costume creation presented by professional prop-artist/creator Allen Amis.
    • 7 PM ~ Intro to Concept Art & Digital Painting – Anabel Martinez shows how anyone can get started painting awesome fantasy and sci-fi artwork.
    • 7:30 PM ~ Voyage Trekkers – Q&A with the Voyage Trekkers creators of this local comedy web series that follows the exploits of the worst crew in the Galactic Union.
  • Science & Technology demonstrations and displays at HeatSync Labs.
  • Costume contests at the OneOhOne Gallery at 8 PM with prizes awarded by local merchants & restaurants.
  • Strategy gaming event presented by Vul-Con and hosted by Queen’s Pizzeria.
  • A genre themed artist event will be hosted by Monsterland, where comic and pop culture themed artisans will be vending their wares in a creepy corner of the haunted venue.