Re: [Table-Top_Gaming_Society] Friday the 18th

brodgers@...

Multi-period rule sets tend to be good at one period and mediocre or
bad for the rest. But, If someone finds a rule set they like that
spans periods I'm willing to have a go.

I used to have The Sword & The Flame but I gave it away a few years
ago to Adam (my son). I believe Nevile said he had a copy. You need
fistfulls of dice as I recall. Here is a link to a fun site where they
say they use the Sword & the Flame for their games.
http://www.zeitcom.com/majgen/
Lots of inspiration.

I have the "Principles of War" series of rule sets. They use a common
system but have specific additional rules for each period. They are
more of a big battle rule set.

"Fields of Honor" is an example of one rule set that treats the
various conflicts of the 19th century the same. it however allows
players to use smaller or larger troop formations depending on the
size of the battle.

Painting "How-to's" and Terrain Making "How-to's" and whatever other
"How-to's" the guys want to do are OK with me. I am thinking of
building a western town for this new project so that could be
incorporated somehow if there's interest.

Dave, Richard hasn't joined the Yahoo group yet.
Can you check to see if he needs another invitation?

Bob

====================================

Quoting "david.rodgers83" <david.rodgers@...>:

I will not be ableto play that night. I can come over until 8:00
and then I will need to go to work. I will bring my troop rosters
and ideas and we can discuss figures and whatnot. It is unfortunate
that the 2 nights I had scheduled to work happened to be game nights.

I should have 1 of the detectives you gave out painted so that
Michael and Richard can see that even a hamfisted person like me can
paint figures. I will bring this as well.

I looked at the different sites for rules. TSATF is $30 plus
shipping unless someone already has it. These rules are also usable
for British colonial and Zulu scenarios. Whichever rules we decide
on should be usable for multiple arenas so that we can minimize the
learning curve for the group. I know you had several other rules
sets.

Lastly, when I mentioned last time that we should have a night where
we paint, discuss painting ideas and generally how to paint figures
I know Richard and Michael both showed interest. Is this something
the entire group would benefit from or should I make arrangements
for the three of us to get together? I am far from an authority on
painting techniques but I have learned a few things I can pass on
beyond the basics. Let me know your thoughts.