From: TentecOmniVII@groups.io [mailto:TentecOmniVII@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io
Sent: July 31, 2019 9:08 PM
To: TentecOmniVII@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TENTECOMNIVII] Omni VII Plus, QSO

Clint,

Thanks for the idea, I had never thought of that as a possibility.  I'll keep it in mind.  I had thought about just placing a piece of tin foil under the transverter too to add some shielding.  Most likely I will move the transverter some distance from the Yaesu.  The only thing slowing me down really is that I dislike installing 'N' connectors which are primarily used in my vhf station and in order to move the transverter I will need to make a longer cable going to the amplifier.  I have the cable and connectors, the will is lacking at the moment...

73,

Andy, ka2uqw

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 9:11:48 PM EDT, Clinton Millett <ve6cmm@...> wrote:

Hi Andy,

It’s a lot of work but have you tried using aluminium duct tape inside the front cover of the radio to reduce the noise?  It might be worth the effort to do that.  Make sure you ground it to the chassis.  I use it for a lot of things when working with radios and have found it quite useful, but have never tried it in this way.

73,

Clint, VE3CMQ