Re: Omni VII Plus, QSO

Smdunahugh

The new front panel was due to previous owners destroying the die for the original requiring a remake. I got that from xenia hamvention the first year it was held there. Ten Tec was one of my main stops on the list. We spoke to two men at the booth and they said that they were going to replace the panel with metal.

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 01:37, Richard Schmidt <k7nsw@...> wrote:

Has anyone thought to ask 10 tech why they put the metal panel on the new Omni 7+? I hear lots of theories and doubts going around. In my experience 10 tech is willing to talk to hams.

On Jul 29, 2019, at 6:56 AM, wb4evh <wb4evh@...> wrote:

I must be lucky. I don't hear any noise from my O7 on my eagle or my Orion 2. It is equally as quite on receive as the other two radios. I was shocked by the claim the metal front plate made it quiter. Or maybe my hearing is worse than I think.

Sandy WB4EVH

On Jul 29, 2019 9:29 AM, "Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io" <ka2uqw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am a bit interested in the statement by Ten Tec's owner about the O7 Plus, that it is quieter due to the new front panel and the shielding it provides.  I have recently been suffering from some rfi on two meters.  This appears to be generated by the display on my FT-991a, and entering my transverter, which will need to be moved now from it's current position in the station to reduce the problem.  I wonder just how much noise the O7's display generates, and where it is in the spectrum.

73 to all,
Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:02:59 AM EDT, Richards <jrichards@...> wrote:

              I just worked my first Omni VII Plus, operated
                by Kent, K9ZTV in MO,

GREAT !!!    Good news.  There is never enough good news going around.

Kent will have to set a sked so we can all work him some day.

K8JHR

Join TentecOmniVII@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.