Re: Omni VII Plus, QSO

Richard Schmidt

Has anyone thought to ask 10 tech why they put the metal panel on the new Omni 7+? I hear lots of theories and doubts going around. In my experience 10 tech is willing to talk to hams.

On Jul 29, 2019, at 6:56 AM, wb4evh <wb4evh@...> wrote:

I must be lucky. I don't hear any noise from my O7 on my eagle or my Orion 2. It is equally as quite on receive as the other two radios. I was shocked by the claim the metal front plate made it quiter. Or maybe my hearing is worse than I think.

Sandy WB4EVH

On Jul 29, 2019 9:29 AM, "Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io" <ka2uqw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am a bit interested in the statement by Ten Tec's owner about the O7 Plus, that it is quieter due to the new front panel and the shielding it provides.  I have recently been suffering from some rfi on two meters.  This appears to be generated by the display on my FT-991a, and entering my transverter, which will need to be moved now from it's current position in the station to reduce the problem.  I wonder just how much noise the O7's display generates, and where it is in the spectrum.

73 to all,
Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:02:59 AM EDT, Richards <jrichards@...> wrote:

              I just worked my first Omni VII Plus, operated
                by Kent, K9ZTV in MO,

GREAT !!!    Good news.  There is never enough good news going around.

Kent will have to set a sked so we can all work him some day.

K8JHR

Join TentecOmniVII@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.