Re: Omni VII Plus, QSO

Clinton Millett

Hi Andy and Sandy,

You might want to try some of those snap on ferrite cores that we all have lying around.  They might solve the problem for you.

Clint, VE3CMQ

From: TentecOmniVII@groups.io [mailto:TentecOmniVII@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io
Sent: July 29, 2019 2:12 PM
To: TentecOmniVII@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TENTECOMNIVII] Omni VII Plus, QSO

Sandy,

My Omni is very quiet, but does hear the display from my FT-991a, it appears on the WSJT-x waterfall as vertical lines.  Noise from the display seems to be getting into my transverter, which is connected to the Omni.  It does not appear everywhere, just where I don't want it to be... of course.  I think it is the 991's real time display, but I'm not sure.  Turning the Yaesu off solves it, as does a piece of tin foil over the 991.  When I get around to building the cables, I'll just move the transverter.  I just wonder what this noise is that was referred to by Ten-Tec's owner, where it occurs, what it sounds like, etc.  I don't detect noise on the Yaesu from my Omni that I have seen/heard. 

That's it for now.

Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 9:57:03 AM EDT, wb4evh <wb4evh@...> wrote:

I must be lucky. I don't hear any noise from my O7 on my eagle or my Orion 2. It is equally as quite on receive as the other two radios. I was shocked by the claim the metal front plate made it quiter. Or maybe my hearing is worse than I think.

Sandy WB4EVH

On Jul 29, 2019 9:29 AM, "Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io" <ka2uqw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am a bit interested in the statement by Ten Tec's owner about the O7 Plus, that it is quieter due to the new front panel and the shielding it provides.  I have recently been suffering from some rfi on two meters.  This appears to be generated by the display on my FT-991a, and entering my transverter, which will need to be moved now from it's current position in the station to reduce the problem.  I wonder just how much noise the O7's display generates, and where it is in the spectrum. 

73 to all,

Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:02:59 AM EDT, Richards <jrichards@...> wrote:

I just worked my first Omni VII Plus, operated
                by Kent, K9ZTV in MO,
______________________________ ______

GREAT !!!    Good news.  There is never enough good news going around.

Kent will have to set a sked so we can all work him some day.

K8JHR

Join TentecOmniVII@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.