Re: Omni VII Plus, QSO

Andrew Neumeier

Sandy,

My Omni is very quiet, but does hear the display from my FT-991a, it appears on the WSJT-x waterfall as vertical lines.  Noise from the display seems to be getting into my transverter, which is connected to the Omni.  It does not appear everywhere, just where I don't want it to be... of course.  I think it is the 991's real time display, but I'm not sure.  Turning the Yaesu off solves it, as does a piece of tin foil over the 991.  When I get around to building the cables, I'll just move the transverter.  I just wonder what this noise is that was referred to by Ten-Tec's owner, where it occurs, what it sounds like, etc.  I don't detect noise on the Yaesu from my Omni that I have seen/heard.

That's it for now.

73,
Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 9:57:03 AM EDT, wb4evh <wb4evh@...> wrote:

I must be lucky. I don't hear any noise from my O7 on my eagle or my Orion 2. It is equally as quite on receive as the other two radios. I was shocked by the claim the metal front plate made it quiter. Or maybe my hearing is worse than I think.

Sandy WB4EVH

On Jul 29, 2019 9:29 AM, "Andrew Neumeier via Groups.Io" <ka2uqw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am a bit interested in the statement by Ten Tec's owner about the O7 Plus, that it is quieter due to the new front panel and the shielding it provides.  I have recently been suffering from some rfi on two meters.  This appears to be generated by the display on my FT-991a, and entering my transverter, which will need to be moved now from it's current position in the station to reduce the problem.  I wonder just how much noise the O7's display generates, and where it is in the spectrum.

73 to all,
Andy, ka2uqw

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 12:02:59 AM EDT, Richards <jrichards@...> wrote:

              I just worked my first Omni VII Plus, operated
                by Kent, K9ZTV in MO,

GREAT !!!    Good news.  There is never enough good news going around.

Kent will have to set a sked so we can all work him some day.

K8JHR

Join TentecOmniVII@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.