Topics

Your generosity is STUNNING!

Lawrance A. Schneider

As one who tried and failed, maybe I should have no say.

I will give my opinion anyway.
KEEP IT AS OUTLINED BY MR. MUIR.
Over time, the price will go up. Next year is only a year away. Clearly we trust you. This year I tried to contribute (and failed). Next year I may not be able to do so. KEEP IT!

larry

Hi Dennis,
I haven't been able to make my contribution without paying a transfer fee going to Paypal. I tried but couldn't because of my funds coming from outside the USA (where you as the beneficiary live), although ISTR having been able to make transfers to USA beneficiaries (as a friend or family) before, without paying a fee.
I think I'll lose the Paypal fee on refunding.

BTW, I can't find my transaction dated January 1, #2AA90158M6841150H @ USD 22,57.

So, please if you can, find my transfer and do something good with the money.
That would exclude refunding.
As far as I'm concerned, it would include having a bite with your wife, who probably suffers enough from all the time you spend moderating TekScopes

Raymond

EB4APL

Hi,

I'm sure that I'm something wrong, but I don't see the list of contributors. A cue is appreciated.

Ignacio, EB4APL

El 18/01/2020 a las 20:59, Steve Hendrix escribió:
At 2020-01-18 01:07 PM, Colin Herbert via Groups.Io wrote:

I don't see my contribution, which had the transaction number
Likewise for mine, transaction #97334760EC9519925, Dec 31. Glad to donate, I know how much work it is to keep something like this running, and I greatly enjoy all the stories from the "old greybeards" who designed the equipment that I could only drool over during college and afterwards, back in the 70's and 80's. My donation said it went to Marian Tillman, whom you've already explained is your other half. Let us know if we should go complain to PayPal and get the money back to send to you another way.

Steve Hendrix

Phillip Potter

Hi Dennis,

As a list owner, I can attest to the amount of work that it can be.

PLEASE keep my donation for the future, and even (as someone else said) take your wife and Michael and his wife out to a nice dinner on us.

Best wishes for 2020,

Phil

DaveH52

Maybe ask for just one dollar next time.
Enjoy your new DMM!

Richard in Edenton NC

Dennis, I did not see mine in the list.

January 1st for $20.00

3SH79206CC5260117 via PayPal

I don't need it back. Please put it in a savings account aside for the future of the group. Or donate to a local ham club. Glad the group is here and I learn lots and enjoy it much.

73 Richard W4MCD

Errick

A nice dinner for two $250
A couple of bottles of wine $100
Taking care of TekScopes, Priceless!
Dennis and Michael should: Put some of the money in your wallets.

Paul Amaranth

I concur. Consider it an appreciation award from the members of Tekscopes :-)

Paul

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 01:17:54PM -0800, Errick wrote:
A nice dinner for two $250
A couple of bottles of wine $100
Taking care of TekScopes, Priceless!
Dennis and Michael should: Put some of the money in your wallets.
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Siggi

Hey Denis,

looks like many people have reported they don't see their PayPal
transaction IDs in your log. I'm going to guess that PayPal assigns
different transaction IDs for each end of the transaction, at least in the
case where there are fees to pay and/or a currency exchange to be made.

Siggi

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

Wrapping up the TekScopes pledge drive, Michael Dunn and I are STUNNED by
your generosity and all the positive comments we received. Your
contributions have exceeded the $340 paid to Groups.io by almost 1,000%.
You
sent us 203 contributions totaling $3,341.77!

We agree this is a problem that I will have to fix since it was my bright
idea. I did not realize when I sent my request for help that people would
be
so generous. I wrote, "So I am asking for small contributions". What
happened was anything but "small".

Leo Bodnar, a friend, stunned me when he contributed the entire required
amount two days later. This was the first sign I should have chosen a
synonym such as "tiny" or "teeny" instead of small. It was too late at that
point. I could see there was a tsunami headed my way and I had no way to
stop it. I think the contributions have finally stopped. The last one (I
hope) arrived three days ago.

Michael and I have decided that this is far too much money for us to keep
on
behalf of TekScopes. The simplest solution is for us to tear up the checks
and return all the PayPal contributions above $10.00 (actually all those
above $10.05) over the next few days, with our sincerest thanks. This will
result in exactly half of the contributions being kept and half being
returned. PayPal allows me to do a total refund very quickly; we considered
partial refunds, but the process would take much longer. If, after you
receive your refund, you would still like to make a contribution to
TekScopes, please don't send more than $10.00. If you do, we'll be forced
spend it on wine and DMMs.

Thank You,
Dennis Tillman W7PF
Michael Dunn VA1XY

As I promised, here is every contribution I received. The four checking
account contributions are listed in numerical order by their bank account
number. Following those, the 199 PayPal contributions are listed in
numerical order by their transaction number. I double and triple checked
the
PayPal notices that came to me or to my wife, Marian, to be sure I didn't
miss any. If I missed your PayPal contribution please let me know so I can
find out what happened to it. The most common contribution was $10.00 and
the average contribution was $15.94.

CHECKING ACCOUNT
0000*255 $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED
0035*054 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4650*2065 $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED
9179*1067 $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED

PAYPAL TRANSACTION
02079*******9581B $10.00
03E74*******9033E $100.00 TO BE REFUNDED
05P54*******33704 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
0DV52*******9640N $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
0FX24*******0225D $12.61 TO BE REFUNDED
0GH61*******5321H $10.00
0H164*******7324J $5.00
0HP31*******79205 $10.00
0TB16*******6233S $10.00
0V228*******9483Y $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
0WE54*******4492F $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
0XD49*******99831 $10.00
0XX33*******5571C $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
10F89*******59157 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
11D81*******1581M $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
13W62*******8082B $5.00
16621*******82104 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
16T81*******89037 $21.00 TO BE REFUNDED
16U30*******4884J $10.00
17T42*******7831E $10.00
1C179*******04615 $10.00
1C830*******8112P $10.00
1KB10*******35308 $10.00
1KC35*******1823E $10.00
1KK41*******81702 $40.00 TO BE REFUNDED
1MJ87*******7921S $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
1PL71*******8194S $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
1SF61*******75325 $6.28
1U469*******7321A $10.00
1UN19*******71331 $21.50 TO BE REFUNDED
1XL88*******0010V $10.00
21K47*******0942J $5.00
26M35*******2652B $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
26W48*******18439 $10.00
27955*******6435G $2.00
28784*******31459 $10.00
2AJ63*******9742M $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2BB60*******7284T $10.05
2C041*******7435F $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2CF51*******55300 $10.00
2GN07*******6691P $21.36 TO BE REFUNDED
2HA37*******2763N $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2JP56*******9614M $6.00
2L669*******5001S $20.03 TO BE REFUNDED
2LL81*******2181A $10.00
2NX73*******6334E $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2PE83*******8434J $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2R866*******6484Y $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2S663*******60054 $10.00
2UD84*******92512 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
2WG55*******8174X $10.00
30988*******3613G $10.00
31532*******3440H $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
32S52*******3263Y $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
33N46*******8874F $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
35J04*******2071X $5.00
37611*******3481X $30.28 TO BE REFUNDED
38D56*******6900H $40.00 TO BE REFUNDED
38H00*******74637 $10.00
39503*******91844 $10.00
3C222*******60057 $5.00
3DL81*******49307 $10.00
3DN03*******6580W $10.00
3HN95*******74316 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
3JY75*******0415H $10.00
3MK47*******8000V $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
3ML12*******7670M $30.00 TO BE REFUNDED
3RW61*******7583B $110.00 TO BE REFUNDED
3SV52*******0093K $10.00
3U066*******6064R $10.00
3W759*******4273V $10.00
3WN84*******32644 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
3X630*******09454 $10.00
43V15*******1315P $30.00 TO BE REFUNDED
43W14*******2963X $10.00
4C132*******25402 $20.78 TO BE REFUNDED
4CP43*******1271K $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4E489*******92025 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4GU02*******14949 $10.00
4H892*******5443S $10.00
4NK97*******39943 $30.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4NS27*******8414L $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4PM01*******5380X $10.00
4RA41*******16029 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4V179*******50029 $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4VU25*******5244C $10.00
4WE10*******2420U $12.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4WG41*******2952L $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4XH55*******98246 $10.00
4XM94*******9951L $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
4XU29*******2203A $5.00
52Y94*******9314H $10.00
53E69*******9450U $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
53M48*******1162D $10.04
54264*******83607 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
54350*******3123J $10.00
56419*******9740B $10.68 TO BE REFUNDED
57958*******19248 $10.00
57M28*******3463Y $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
58J72*******8751M $5.05
59K74*******6614F $10.00
59M25*******3721R $10.72 TO BE REFUNDED
5FC22*******9632C $10.00
5GA43*******4223M $5.00
5K650*******2512S $10.00
5L001*******9890K $30.00 TO BE REFUNDED
5L631*******0780F $5.00
5P795*******19647 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
5SE25*******18324 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
5UP40*******89642 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
5UU92*******40032 $10.20
61H86*******4671Y $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
61W04*******0651P $5.00
62172*******4981K $10.03
62762*******2074B REFUNDED
64M95*******0450J $20.20 TO BE REFUNDED
69567*******7993L $10.00
69G97*******6681W $5.00
6AX91*******2221W $10.00
6DC49*******7192J $2.20
6DY20*******43532 $10.00
6FR77*******2981V $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
6GH42*******5101K $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
6JF13*******51538 $13.42 TO BE REFUNDED
6M239*******2634X $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
6M818*******3010R $10.75 TO BE REFUNDED
6MW55*******8294T $4.00
6NN32*******4542V $10.00
6PN72*******3184X $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
6SJ24*******7280W $10.00
6TX54*******6691J $10.00
6UC87*******60625 $5.00
6W050*******3122G $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
6YC11*******1694V $10.00
6YR09*******24211 $10.00
70R50*******48816 $40.00 TO BE REFUNDED
71A57*******04246 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
71B15*******9210H $5.00
77749*******2345C $5.00
7AA50*******6582S $5.00
7BH77*******10502 $10.00
7C686*******0453C $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7C834*******0923E $10.00
7CK01*******1245K $5.00
7D080*******7730E $10.00
7HC88*******8542G $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7JC48*******6100G $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7LV25*******2193G $30.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7M285*******92740 $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7MK85*******1842C $10.00
7MS44*******5362B $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7NK34*******5412S $31.44 TO BE REFUNDED
7PE90*******5070C $15.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7PW51*******11256 $5.00
7SB72*******7192F $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
7UJ45*******9004U $5.00
7V986*******7741K $10.00
7WL39*******4140E $10.00
80874*******3273N $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
82A24*******71901 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
85T72*******59347 $10.00
86464*******0522V $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
89L93*******2080C $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8AB06*******94251 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8BM27*******0873M $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8BP86*******45402 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8DF32*******6052V $10.00
8EJ68*******08541 $12.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8FJ75*******8872W $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8GC22*******34141 $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8GT73*******09326 $12.61 TO BE REFUNDED
8MC99*******59946 $11.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8N867*******6281R $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8P783*******6711A $23.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8PJ76*******6821F $10.00
8TL81*******09540 $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
8X573*******06030 $10.00
8XN50*******4422L $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
90T91*******35713 $10.00
91410*******3142B $10.00
91U38*******2105T $11.00 TO BE REFUNDED
92261*******0350X $10.00
94C22*******3914J $50.00 TO BE REFUNDED
97618*******3223U $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
98Y68*******70508 $1.24
99954*******8720E $5.00
9A088*******0853S $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
9AP46*******63352 $10.00
9B390*******8403F $10.00
9DH47*******6461J $10.00
9GJ81*******0164P $10.00
9HK96*******73147 $25.00 TO BE REFUNDED
9HS74*******5364F $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
9HY36*******94500 $10.00
9KN17*******5330K $5.00
9N383*******7605L $5.36
9SK43*******0851N $22.57 TO BE REFUNDED
9SN87*******3420T $10.00
9UB93*******8990M $20.00 TO BE REFUNDED
9V074*******7422K $5.37

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Phillip Potter

Soooo, do what others suggest, nice dinner for you, Michael, and your wives!!!

Phil

On 1/19/2020 1:43 PM, Siggi wrote:
Hey Denis,

looks like many people have reported they don't see their PayPal
transaction IDs in your log. I'm going to guess that PayPal assigns
different transaction IDs for each end of the transaction, at least in the
case where there are fees to pay and/or a currency exchange to be made.

Siggi

Dave Brown

Dennis
Would prefer you just hang onto the money- you'll need it next time anyway.
International xfers thru paypal always cost something nowadays-best to keep it for next time.
DaveB, NZ

Petru Ulici

Hello, Dennis and Michael
Just try to reconsider your decision to return the amount.
Arguments:I think that the fees for the transaction (transfer + return) is not returnable, it will only be Paypal profit.You will spend a lot of time to return the amountThe group tax will definitely increase in the next years.In the future, probably the group will exceed the reserved space and there will be additional costs.All participants do this from hearts and consider this to be one of the best investments.The transfer of  $50 may be less financial effort than $5 from the other member.Everyone trusts you and Michael Dunn.I personally suggest that you and your wife (and Michael, too) spend something for a romantic dinner. This way, we can partially compensate the time spent for this group, not with your family. I think everyone agrees, your contribution to this group is wonderful.
Petru

On Monday, January 20, 2020, 01:59:47 AM GMT+2, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

Soooo, do what others suggest, nice dinner for you, Michael, and your
wives!!!

Phil

On 1/19/2020 1:43 PM, Siggi wrote:
Hey Denis,

looks like many people have reported they don't see their PayPal
transaction IDs in your log. I'm going to guess that PayPal assigns
different transaction IDs for each end of the transaction, at least in the
case where there are fees to pay and/or a currency exchange to be made.

Siggi

Brian Cockburn

Dennis,

Just as a frivolous matter, what contribution value would have resulted in enough to pay this year's bill given the number of contributers?

My vote is also to put the money aside for the future of the group please.

Regards, Brian (with a 2245A in the UK).

Victor

Hello,
I agree 100% with the Phil comments and suggestion !
Victor

[...]

Ken Wright

Hello Dennis.Re: cannot see contribution PayPal number. 4CT072513H300731W.
You will probably need it for next year.Best ishes
Ken Wright    UKM0KHW      2X 465    1x2445A

On Sunday, 19 January 2020, 10:53:55 GMT, Ken Wright <kenwright309@...> wrote:

Hello Dennis.I cannot see my contribution on your  list ($10.20), PayPal number. 4CT072513H300731W.I am quite happy for you to retain it, I would like to know that you had received it.
Best wishes.Ken Wright   M0KHW

On Saturday, 18 January 2020, 16:57:15 GMT, Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

[...]

TekScopes, please don't send more than $10.00. If you do, we'll be forced to
[...]

johnasolecki@...

Dennis,

Please don't bother refunding my payment. Save it for the future or buy yourself & your wife an adult beverage.
I appreciate all the work you do making this list so good.

John

Dennis,
My transaction could well be
9SK43*******0851N $22.57 TO BE REFUNDED
That's the only transaction in your list for the amount that I transferred.
Siggi may be right in assuming that Paypal references change between sender and receiver (nice!) for international transactions.

Raymond

Larry McDavid

I don't want to beat this issue to death, but the comment below is very interesting. I could not find my PayPal transaction number in the list either and I wrote Dennis privately to explain that. But, mine was *not* an international transaction; I live in California. My donated amount is a common amount so I could not identify it by the amount.

So, I wonder if PayPal changes *all* the transaction numbers. Did anyone actually find his transaction number in the list Dennis published?

It is gratifying that so many did donate and I fully support the reimbursement; it is money well deserved.

Larry W6FUB

On 1/20/2020 9:45 AM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:
Dennis,
My transaction could well be
9SK43*******0851N $22.57 TO BE REFUNDED
That's the only transaction in your list for the amount that I transferred.
Siggi may be right in assuming that Paypal references change between sender and receiver (nice!) for international transactions....
--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Renée

Hi Larry and Dennis-
I originally decided to wait and watch and not clutter the group with "noise". so much for that!
I have the same/similar issue numbers no match, not listed but a $12.00 amount which occurred a few times.....no match.

oh I say hang on to it.....but do as you ; want, need or feel compelled to do.
I have gained so much from the posts. Thank you all!
I will not comment further as already too much noise....back to wait and watch.

Renée K6FSB      k6fsb dot 1 at the g  mailing thing

On 2020-01-20 11:42 a.m., Larry McDavid wrote:
[...]

Richard R. Pope

Hello all,
I have been watching. I don't really care whether it shows up on Dennis' list or not and mine doesn't. I know that Dennis received it and that is all that counts. Dennis keep up the good work.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!