Topics

Yet another 2465B repair effort.

Grayson Evans

The year I found my 2465B at Dayton, I also found a Tek 2710 spectrum analyzer (for $200). It covers about 500KHz up to 1.8 GHz. I had never seen one of these before, nor have I ever seen one other than this one. It looks like it was built specifically for the cable industry since it has a lot of TV channel related functions. It can store the frequency and amplitude of various peak signals on the screen. The manual is not like any Tek manual I've ever seen. No service info, block diagrams, etc.
It also has inexpensive "buttons" on the front. It only has three knobs. Probably to minimize field damage.
However it works Great, I use it all the time once I figured out half the features.
I am wondering if anyone else has one of these and your experience with it. Hopefully someone knows how to use it better than I do.
Thanks,
Grayson
I will post a photo If I can figure out how to do it.

Grayson Evans

Sorry wrong title. Somehow got pasted from my previous post.
Should be "Unusual Tek 2710 spectrum analyzer"

-

I got three of the Tek 2710s with some surplus years ago. They power up
and react to the buttons but I couldn't get a display on any of them. I
sold one but the other two are gathering dust around here somewhere.