Topics

Yahoo Groups are deleting all files in December

Richard Tyner

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

73 Richard W4MCD

Chuck Harris

You know, of course, that tekscopes is not on yahoo? Right?

-Chuck Harris

Richard Tyner wrote:

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

73 Richard W4MCD

Abc Xyz

Is that a Good Thing or a Bad Thing???

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 12:06 PM Richard Tyner <shawneesdad@...> wrote:

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to
the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload
any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted
content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that
date to save anything you've uploaded.

73 Richard W4MCD

It doesn't impact us at all - we moved over to groups.io lock stock and barrel (including all files and pictures) ages ago.

D.

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to
the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload
any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted
content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that
date to save anything you've uploaded.

73 Richard W4MCD

Richard Tyner

I was not sure if any of the old group files might be be on Yahoo or not. Just wanted to let others know just in case

Hi Richard,
Thank you for the notice. I never received any notice from Yahoo about this (that was typical for Yahoo!) so your heads up was appreciated.

We moved everything over to Groups.io a long time ago and we have no connection with Yahoo ever since. So we will not be affected by anything Yahoo does.

Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Co-owner and Moderator

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF