Topics

WTB: Switch parts for 2230 scope

greenboxmaven

I got the kind of project I really enjoy- a basket case that needs restoration. The scope is absolutely filthy, inside and out, but works somewhat. The main mechanical problem is two of the pushbutton switches along the top- the"Waveform Ref./Menu select" and "Aquisition Roll/Scan", they do not latch in. It looks like they are missing a pin or stud that goes under the brass colored spring on top of the switch. The other ones are there and the switches work as they should. Does anyone have the pins, or a scrap switch, or a scrap circuit board? I wonder what happened to the pins, all of the knobs are there and in good shape, except really dirty.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

Dave Casey

Are these supposed to latch? They may be momentary on purpose.

Dave Casey

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 8:54 PM greenboxmaven via Groups.Io <ka2ivy=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I got the kind of project I really enjoy- a basket case that needs
restoration. The scope is absolutely filthy, inside and out, but works
somewhat. The main mechanical problem is two of the pushbutton switches
along the top- the"Waveform Ref./Menu select" and "Aquisition
Roll/Scan", they do not latch in. It looks like they are missing a pin
or stud that goes under the brass colored spring on top of the switch.
The other ones are there and the switches work as they should. Does
anyone have the pins, or a scrap switch, or a scrap circuit board? I
wonder what happened to the pins, all of the knobs are there and in good
shape, except really dirty.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

greenboxmaven

Yes, they are. In the scope I have, all of the switches with the brass springs on top are shown on the front panel as having a latched position. Bruce, KA2IVY