WSTRO, WSTROU, WSTRM WaveStar Software for Scopes & Meters

Sometime ago I bought a sealed copy of this Tek software:
WSTRO & WSTRU WaveStar Software for Oscilloscopes, WSTRM WaveStar Software
for Meters.
The label on the back says v2.4 Tek part number 020-2354-00
I can tell from the shape of the package that there is a CD case in it.
The package also has a spiral bound User Manual (071-0220-05) and these
accessories:
A cable with a DB-9 female on one end and a pair of clear LEDs(?) on the
other end where it says it is an Optical Interface Cable .
A DB-9 male to DB-25 female Adapter
Five DB-9 shaped black plastic bezels

Has anyone had any experience using this WaveStar software?

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Steve Hendrix

At 2021-03-03 01:19 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF via groups.io wrote:
Has anyone had any experience using this WaveStar software?
I have used WaveStar Lite (the free version) with my TDS220 to do screen dumps, before I designed KISS-488. I recall WaveStar being clumsy to use, and i don't recall for certain whether it ran on Win7 or if I had to run it in the XP box.

Steve Hendrix

Gary Robert Bosworth

Mine worked perfect.

Gary

--
Gary Robert Bosworth
grbosworth@gmail.com

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 07:19 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

Sometime ago I bought a sealed copy of this Tek software:
Wavestar fo Scopes is now free and has been so for many years.
It's last version (3.0) can be downloaded fom Tek's website but
I can't see Wavestar for meters there. It was used to control
TX1 & TX3 DMM's (and others ?) and that's what the optical interface
cable is for. With an added software module the TX DMM's could be
calibrated and adjusted using a Wavetek 9100 or Fluke 5500A calibrator.

/HÃ¥kan