Topics

Would like to have a TDS684A LPVS Capacitor list before disassembling the entire unit

Rogerio O

Dear All,
I have this scope and I have been suggested in other topic of this forum to Recap at least the LPVS.
Since I live in Brazil, I don`t think I can buy any Cap from the local supplier since 99% of the stuff sold here is bought from China due to cost reasons.
So I will have to buy those in US from Digikey or Newark, but the parts usually take more than one month to arrive here (and that was before Covid).
I understood that I would have to disassemble a lot of the unit to get to the power supply so, in order to stay with the instrument open and parts laying around for a lot of time (I`ve got kids around) I would like to have the parts ready to replace when I open the unit.
Is there a parts list available
I consulted all the 600 series service manual I could find but I could not find a parts list for this board.
Any suggestion?
Best regards,
Roger

Ray

I will look at my orderlist from when i did it on my 694AThe parts where ordered from digikeyI will have to work on the list since I ordered for other projects ar the same time.So give me a day or so to get the list cleaned upRaySent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device------ Original message------From: Rogerio ODate: Sun, Sep 13, 2020 16:35To: TekScopes@groups.io;Cc: Subject:[TekScopes] Would like to have a TDS684A LPVS Capacitor list before disassembling the entire unitDear All,
[...]

Thank you very much Ray.

Siggi

Hey Roger,

The power supplies in these scopes seem to have had a series of small
tweaks over time, so I wouldn't rely entirely on someone else's shopping
list for capacitors if I were you - especially if you're talking annoyingly
long delivery times. My TDS684A as a point in case had a schematic and
component layout that was somewhere in between the TDS540 and the TDS520B.
It's not a huge job to pull out the PSU to at least verify that you have
all the caps you're going to need. IIRC you'll be able to look over the PSU
board by pulling the cover off it, without pulling it out of the scope.

Siggi

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:10 AM Rogerio O <@rodd414> wrote:

Thank you very much Ray.

Ray

Siggi,Now that I looked at the manual. You are right.TDS 684A, 744A AND 784A have the common PSTDS 694C has a different part number.Sorry Rodrigo,My list will not be of any help.RaySent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device------ Original message------From: SiggiDate: Mon, Sep 14, 2020 07:49To: TekScopes@groups.io;Cc: Subject:Re: [TekScopes] Would like to have a TDS684A LPVS Capacitor list before disassembling the entire unitHey Roger,

The power supplies in these scopes seem to have had a series of small
tweaks over time, so I wouldn't rely entirely on someone else's shopping
list for capacitors if I were you - especially if you're talking annoyingly
long delivery times. My TDS684A as a point in case had a schematic and
component layout that was somewhere in between the TDS540 and the TDS520B.
It's not a huge job to pull out the PSU to at least verify that you have
all the caps you're going to need. IIRC you'll be able to look over the PSU
board by pulling the cover off it, without pulling it out of the scope.

Siggi

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:10 AM Rogerio O wrote:

Thank you very much Ray.