Topics

Wondering if there is any out there

Eric

I need Tek part number 261-0197-01 this is the variable high voltage loping Capacitor in a fixture 177. Or if anyone know of an equivalent replacement for it? It is C630 In the fixture

Carl Hallberg

Hi,
I'm not sure you have the right number.  Not 261.  The looping cap is C632 and number is 281-0197-01 made by E. F. Johnson.
Carl Hallberg (W9CJH)

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 10:35:42 PM CST, Eric <ericsp@...> wrote:

I need Tek part number 261-0197-01 this is the variable high voltage loping Capacitor in a fixture 177. Or if anyone know of an equivalent replacement for it? It is C630 In the fixture

Eric

Now I am honestly not sure. This is the looping cap that is actually in the test fixture 177 the curve tracer is a 577. From looking at the older documentation there are at least 2 versions of this. The early one needs a 3 hole mount the new one needs a one hole mount. I have the one hole version. The 577 has chips datacoded 91 so this is one of the very late model units.

Eric

On 2/14/2020 7:16 AM, Carl Hallberg via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure you have the right number.  Not 261.  The looping cap is C632 and number is 281-0197-01 made by E. F. Johnson.
Carl Hallberg (W9CJH)

On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 10:35:42 PM CST, Eric <ericsp@...> wrote:

I need Tek part number 261-0197-01 this is the variable high voltage loping Capacitor in a fixture 177. Or if anyone know of an equivalent replacement for it? It is C630 In the fixture

Mlynch001

Looking at the schematic in my copy of the manual, I see that there is Text Box indicating "LOOPING COMPENSATION" with an arrow pointing above and to the right at C632. C630 is a smaller trimmer cap used for the Looping calibration procedure Step 4 (Pg 5-6 + See Manual Change pages), it is located below and to the left of that test box in the schematic, not very clear on some scans of the manual. C630 is accessible through a hole in the bottom of the 177 fixture. Bothe C630 and C632 are mounted in the 177 Fixture, and C632 is definitely the operator adjustable front panel looping control cap. C630 changed a couple of times through out production as well. Looking at the Mechanical Parts list on my 177 Service Manual, it appears that only the first 215 units used the 4-40 screw mounted Looping Comp Cap. After S/N B010316 they used a single nut and washer on the threaded neck of the compensation cap to secure it to the chassis. Always good to have the serial number of your unit(s), especially with the 577/177 combination. It is possible to mix early and late models of either component on this unit. It is possible to have a very old 577 with a very new 177, or vice-versa. This is something that I ran into on my units, since I obtained them from two different sources.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Eric

Michael,

Mine is defiantly the new style. The cap I am having trouble with is the user adjustable one on the front of the case. It does not have the 2 screws It has the panel mount nut. I will look up the serial number on the fixture when I get home but if memory serves it is a 50xxxx fixture.

Eric

On 2/14/2020 3:48 PM, Mlynch001 wrote:
[...]

The main unit serial number is B108698 the serial number of the 177 is B059769

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 05:18 PM, Eric wrote:

The main unit serial number is B108698 the serial number of the 177 is
B059769

177 - B059769 appears to be the newest iteration of that unit. The last running change made was to C630 which was changed at B054650 and higher. Everything from that SN on is the most up to date as far as changes go.

577 - B108698 appears to be a newer iteration of that unit as well. The last running change made was to a large number of components at B104750 and higher, so you appear to have two newer production units. The 577 was subject to a whole host of running changes and the D1 and D2 models overlap in the parts list, so it is hard to be any more accurate.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Eric

Sweet knowing that I looked up the service manual I defiantly need C632. Now I just need to see if i can dig one up some where.