Topics

Where is my 5030 coming from?

Triggered by Walter Shawlee's recent topic about his R5030:

A while ago I noticed that all but a few external photos in Tekwiki's 5030 article show my 5030, that very sample. Does anybody happen to know anything about its history? It must have been a Tekscope member's property once...

Raymond

Egge Siert

Hi Raymond,

I assume Kurt, like me, also roams the internet looking for interesting items and their pictures.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 09:40 PM, Egge Siert wrote:

I assume Kurt, like me, also roams the internet looking for interesting items
and their pictures.
Hi Egge Siert,
I saw Kurt was mentioned as the author of the pictures but there's still quite a gap - geographically as well...

Raymond

Egge Siert

Hi Raymond,

In your case you can look at the Metadate of the Pictures.Their origin is eBay. In the past I provided Kurt (TekWiki) some 5223 Pictures from eBay Italy. No direct upload from me. When you look for them you see Kurt as Author. Thus so it works.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Egge Siert wrote:

In your case you can look at the Metadate of the Pictures.Their origin is
eBay. In the past I provided Kurt (TekWiki) some 5223 Pictures from eBay
Italy. No direct upload from me. When you look for them you see Kurt as
Author. Thus so it works.
Thanks for that, Egge Siert.
Unfortunately, the metadata doesn't get me any closer to my 5030's history, except that it most likely has been offered on Ebay, about two years before I got it.
It has been manufactured in Beaverton (S/N) but has its trip across the great divide (to the Netherlands) happened soon after its birth or more recently?

Raymond