From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Wise via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2021 3:29 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] What was 156-0102-00 used in?

156-0102-00
156-0103-00
156-0104-00

What instrument used this firmware?

Thanks,
Dave Wise

teamlarryohio

Yellow book says TMS4100 (and deleted) on them, which would be a TI 4116 or 4164 or other memory. Maybe a Wilsonville product?
-ls-

According to the 1987 Common Design Parts book, all three are TMS4100 character generators. TMS (TI) 4116 and 4164 are 16 kbit and 64 kbit dynamic RAMs, respectively.

Perhaps used in (27xx) Spectrum analyzers?

Raymond

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 04:44 PM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

Perhaps used in (27xx) Spectrum analyzers?
Not in 2711/12

Raymond

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 12:28 AM, Dave Wise wrote:

What instrument used this
All three were used in 4002A only.

/Håkan

Dave Wise

Thank you, Håkan - you are an encyclopedic asset to this group.

So they were actually used! All these years I have misunderstood what the STATUS column means in the Common Design Parts Catalog. So “DL” (Deleted) is both parts that never got into a product *and* parts used in long-discontinued products… do I have it right?

Dave Wise
Information Display, Terminals & Displays, 1980-1995

And I was so close. I pored over parts lists for the 4025, 4023, 4014, 4006, and T4002, but did not try the 4002A. It was before my time and AFAIK I never saw one.
I will go back to the Northwest Vintage Radio Society member who has them, and tell him where they go.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 07:27 PM, Dave Wise wrote:

So they were actually used! All these years I have misunderstood what the
STATUS column means in the Common Design Parts Catalog. So “DL” (Deleted)
is both parts that never got into a product *and* parts used in
long-discontinued products… do I have it right?
About the status code my version of Common Design Catalog says it means:
"An item that is no longer produced or purchased and which has no replacement".
It doesn't say if it was ever used or not.

And I was so close. I pored over parts lists for the 4025, 4023, 4014, 4006,
and T4002, but did not try the 4002A.
I checked the P/N's again because there was also a circuit board P/N listed using
these P/N's which I assumed was for 4002A but it turned out it (670-1449-00)
was for T4002 B050000 & above so I have to revise my previous reply.

/Håkan