What is a "H" plugin?

Martin Jangowski

I just got a nice birthday present... a (supposedly) working 535A with a
"H" plugin. The scope is said to be working except "one channel". Included
is a funny looking power supply cable (one side the german standard
230V-plug, the other side a highly unusual plug) and a bunch of
60xx-probes. No manual, unfortunately.

I found the pdf of the 535A-manual, but nothing about the "H" plugin.
Could someone point me to some information about this plugin? Thank you!

Gre aus Hohenlohe,

Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
| Netzwerke und Multimedia |
| Voice: +49 7946/3723 Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4 74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Albert LaFrance

I have a manual for the H (serial 1728). The specs say it’s “...a
DC-coupled, high-gain, wide-band, calibrated preamplifier, designed for use
with Tektronix 530-, 540, and 550-Series oscilloscopes.”

With a 535 scope (the “A” model isn’t listed), the “H” is specified with a
0.037 usec risetime, DC to 9.5 MHz passband in the DC-coupled input mode,
and 2 Hz to 9.5 MHz passband in AC-coupled input.

Albert

I just got a nice birthday present... a (supposedly) working 535A with a
"H" plugin. The scope is said to be working except "one channel". Included
is a funny looking power supply cable (one side the german standard
230V-plug, the other side a highly unusual plug) and a bunch of
60xx-probes. No manual, unfortunately.

I found the pdf of the 535A-manual, but nothing about the "H" plugin.
Could someone point me to some information about this plugin? Thank you!

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
| Netzwerke und Multimedia |
| Voice: +49 7946/3723 Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4 74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Yahoo! Groups Links

Dave Wise

The CA is the most common plugin for the 500-series
scopes, and it is dual-trace. The less-common H is
single-channel; the seller mentioned this specifically,
in case you were expecting to get a dual-trace scope.
To get more than one trace, you need a CA, M, 1A1, 1A2,
or 1A4 plugin instead of the H.

H plugins have a couple of minor weaknesses:

- They use a subchassis mounted on rubber dampers
which deteriorate with age and may need replacement.

- The wires connecting the subchassis to the main chassis
sometimes break.

- Some H's use a drum- or turret-style attenuator, and
the plastic is easily damaged if you accidentally touch
it with a soldering iron.

- Because they are valve-based and have high gain (5mV/cm)
and DC coupling, they drift more than the usual low-gain
(50mV/cm) plugins.

I still like my H.

Dave Wise

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

- They use a subchassis mounted on rubber dampers
which deteriorate with age and may need replacement.

- The wires connecting the subchassis to the main chassis
sometimes break.
The Type D differential amp has exactly the same arrangement. Same problems
too.

Craig

Dave Wise

I have discovered a source for the rubber cushions / shock mounts. Notes below:

ACTION: Buy "DJI ZH3-3D Damping Rubber Set (Part 42)", $5.19 at ebay.
This is four bags of four each of four different type isolators.
The ball shaped ones (gray "A40" and white "30")
are *perfect* drop-in replacements.

FIXED!

NOTE: "DJI Z15 Zenmuse Spare Part 7 Damping Rubber for gimbal gyroscope"
at aliexpress is probably okay too. 6 parts $8.
"DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Part 3 Damping Rubber" looks identical to H3-3D part 42.
"DJI Zenmuse H3 2d Damping Rubber Part 15" at 3rdrockhobbies is
twelve cushions (3 kinds, all ball type) for $5.
These look exactly like Barry Controls 275-N1 which are ~$10 each.
Parts for Phantom series are no good.
I don't think there ever was an H2.

Joe

Hi,
as I would like to go back to the OP's original question: tekwiki knows all and everything!

Martin, bitte lies mal hier im tekwiki:
https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/H
Rechts auf der Seite findest Du Links zu den Manuals und Schematics

Viele Gruesse
Joe