Topics

What are the differences between the P6302 and A6302 current probes?

Attilio

Greetings to all,
I have an AM503 current amplifier and I want to buy a P6302 current probe, but I see that maybe now they are called A6302. Is there a difference or are they the same?

Thanks for the attention.

--Cheers
Attilio

AFAIK, A6302 and P6302 are the same thing.

David

Attilio

Thank you very much David for the information.

-- Cheers
Attilio

Jean-Paul

Atillo: I have had many of these probes and the other similar.

On ebay BEWARE as it is VERY easy for a probe to be dropped even 5 cm and break the thin ferrite core.

The damage can be invisible but the pulse and response will be bad, and impossible to fix.

Suggest to bid ONLY buy if they are guaranteed new or use 100% working with chance to return.

I have paid $35..65 but perhaps in 1990s..2000s

If ANY physical damages in photos, avoid.

fai attenzione al compratore

Ciao!

Jon

Stephen

A bit off topic, sorry, but is the P6303 even worth getting at all?

cmjones01

I have a small collection of these probes in various states of disrepair.
My one "known good" one is an A6303. I find it really handy when working on
power supplies and motor drivers - the fast response and high current
handling are perfect for the job. The smaller A6302 probes very quickly
reach their limits with the peak currents in even quite modest switch-mode
power supplies.

The only downside of the A6303 is its enormous size. I think it dates from
an era when things handling high currents were expected to be big and
chunky themselves. That's no longer the case, so some ingenuity can be
required to get it in to the right place to probe.

Chris

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021, 18:39 Stephen, <stephen.nabet@gmail.com> wrote:

A bit off topic, sorry, but is the P6303 even worth getting at all?

Stephen

Thank you.

I may get one and get creative to probe in smaller areas.

Steve Lindberg

Try Tek Probes group. I was in Tek probes engineering for 7 years so started the group.

Stephen

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 01:19 PM, Steve Lindberg wrote:

Try Tek Probes group. I was in Tek probes engineering for 7 years so started
the group.
Thank you. Done.

Attilio

Thank you all,
I bought the probe from an Italian seller who guaranteed me that it is working, if not, I return the probe to the seller and refund me.

--Cheers
Attilio

mjmpdx1@...

Thanks Steve for starting the probes group! I was at Tek the past 30 years and worked in the probes group the majority of my time there. I was fortunate to have designed or been involved with every current probe and other power probes developed since 1990.