Topics

vintageTEK museum releases Replaceable Parts Registry (RPR)

Dave,

thank you so much for scanning that rpr on knobs, it is much appreciated.
I am hoping is solves a few mysteries for me.

I am curious to know if any kind of spec sheets exist for 120 transformers or 154 CRTs.
I gather there is something out there, but I have never seen it, nor have I see it in any of
the published parts indexes.

all the best,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.

ArtekManuals

I 2nd Walter's request on the 120 transformers , (Voltage, Amps, specs per winding kind of thing)

Dave

manuals@...

On 12/15/2018 10:41 AM, walter shawlee wrote:
Dave,

thank you so much for scanning that rpr on knobs, it is much appreciated.
I am hoping is solves a few mysteries for me.

I am curious to know if any kind of spec sheets exist for 120 transformers or 154 CRTs.
I gather there is something out there, but I have never seen it, nor have I see it in any of
the published parts indexes.

all the best,
walter
--
Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

tom jobe

Hi Walter,
Tekwiki has had a 154 RPR document for some time, maybe see if it's what you were hoping for?

On 12/15/2018 7:41 AM, walter shawlee wrote:
Dave,

thank you so much for scanning that rpr on knobs, it is much appreciated.
I am hoping is solves a few mysteries for me.

I am curious to know if any kind of spec sheets exist for 120 transformers or 154 CRTs.
I gather there is something out there, but I have never seen it, nor have I see it in any of
the published parts indexes.

all the best,
walter

tom,

sadly, the RPR's contain virtually no data on the 154 tubes or 120 transformers, only where and when they are used. A real data sheet with specs would be incredibly useful sometimes for substitutions and re-use of the parts. that data exists for all the 151, 152, 153, 155, a56 parts, but I have never seen it for 120 or 154 parts, hence my query.

regards,
walter

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 06:09 PM, walter shawlee wrote:

sadly, the RPR's contain virtually no data on the 154 tubes
There are two sections in the microfiche about CRT's. One is called CRT and the other CRT Index.
CRT lists data and graphs on various CRT's, however not on Tek P/N but rather CRT type number i.e. T plus 4 digits.
I don't know how that number realates to P/N's. It's old info though, the newest entry I found is from 1974.

CRT Index lists CRT P/N for each instrument. Not much data other than type of phosphor and graticule.

/Håkan

Dave Brown

What we have obtained a release from Tektronix are the microfiche cards that were sent to the field service centers. They consist of instruction and service manuals, additional calibration and service information, modification information, the replaceable parts registry, and the master publication index. The RPR simply shows what products parts were used in so it is only of interest in locating a donor product. I am in the process of scanning the Master Publication Index which show by product what documentation, manuals, data sheets, etc. was released for it with corresponding part number.

What you are asking for are component specifications. Those are still company confidential and never were sent to the field. They were maintained by Component Engineering. Specifications existed for every Tektronix part number.

The Common Parts Catalogs, also for which we obtained a release, were simply a quick summary of parts recommended for design along with parts not recommended for design for reference. Some engineering specifications were duplicated on microfiche aperture cards located in design engineering areas for convenience. I don't know which specifications were duplicated on aperture cards but I suspect only those of interest by design engineering. That is where one would go if you needed more information than was in the Common Parts Catalogs. There were very few sets of aperture cards in the factory.

vintageTEK

tek_547

Great work, thanx!
René

mattko87

Great thanks for you !

It is helpfull for editing by TekWiki.
But sadly, it give not 100% information (specially Txxxx suffix).

Result (only example)
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5032 (with my not so good english, it's not my mother language)
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5470
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5611

Best regards
matt

Dave Daniel

If you want to provide information about a particular instrument and am not completely comfortable with English I, for one, would be more than willing to “edit” your entry to make it readable. The point is that the more (accurate) information that is captured, the better our information resources become.

Also, you would probanly be surprised at how useful an ill-written entry is as long as the information is correct.

DaveD

Sent from a small flat thingy

On Dec 20, 2018, at 11:32, mattko87 <matt8@...> wrote:

Great thanks for you !

It is helpfull for editing by TekWiki.
But sadly, it give not 100% information (specially Txxxx suffix).

Result (only example)
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5032 (with my not so good english, it's not my mother language)
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5470
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/T5611

Best regards
matt

mattko87

Good, thanks :-)
Yes, Kurt says by case with bad pictures: better a bad picture as no picture.

I has few CRT, (it was donate from a german metrologie for me) and i don't know: Which instrument uses this CRT.
RPR tells me: It is for Tek 454,but not common. Reason: CRT has P11 phosphor. I am jumping into air.

best regards from germany.
matt

Would be very grateful if you could find the time to scan the RPR for Diodes (152).

PS it's not possible (AFAICT) to navigate to the RPR page from the home page.

Thanks
David