Von: Phil (VA3UX) [mailto:phil@vaxxine.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Juli 2001 15:03
An: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [TekScopes] Vintage Tek scopes anyone

Anyone out there interested in adding some vintage Tek scopes (50x, 53x,
54x, 56x series) to their collections ? I've been offered a bunch,
essentially for free. There are too many for my already well occupied
basement. They are located in Connecticut. Condition as-is.

I'll probably be driving over to pick-up as many as I can within the next
few weeks.

Phil

leo.schleider@...

Hi,
I live in Germany and I am collecting old Tektronix
stuff. Is there a 568 with sampling plug-ins or
any other sampling plug in or spectrum analyzer
plug-in in this lot. I don't have any sampling plug-ins
in my collection. I think only some 50x and 56x
will ship by USPS surface for a reasonable price.
53X or 54X exceed the limits of USPS.
Thanks
Leo

--- In TekScopes@y..., "Phil (VA3UX)" <phil@v...> wrote:
Anyone out there interested in adding some vintage Tek scopes (50x,
53x,
54x, 56x series) to their collections ? I've been offered a bunch,
essentially for free. There are too many for my already well
occupied
basement. They are located in Connecticut. Condition as-is.

I'll probably be driving over to pick-up as many as I can within
the next
few weeks.

Phil

Stan or Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

Hi Phil,

I still need a 3A2 and a 3B2 if you can find those . . .

Stan

Phil (VA3UX) wrote:

Anyone out there interested in adding some vintage Tek scopes (50x, 53x,
54x, 56x series) to their collections ? I've been offered a bunch,
essentially for free. There are too many for my already well occupied
basement. They are located in Connecticut. Condition as-is.

I'll probably be driving over to pick-up as many as I can within the next
few weeks.

Phil

Cliff Carrie

Phil,

I am looking for 56x series plugins, specifically the following:

3B3
3A8
3A9
3S1
3S7 / 3T7 (work only as a pair, require a short GR cable between them)
3L5 with or without the companion Frequency Converter, Tek 015-0107-00
3L10

Regards,

Cliff Carrie

From: "Phil (VA3UX)" <phil@vaxxine.com>
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TekScopes] Vintage Tek scopes anyone
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:03:25 -0400

Anyone out there interested in adding some vintage Tek scopes (50x, 53x,
54x, 56x series) to their collections ? I've been offered a bunch,
essentially for free. There are too many for my already well occupied
basement. They are located in Connecticut. Condition as-is.

I'll probably be driving over to pick-up as many as I can within the next
few weeks.

Phil

Cliff Carrie

Stan,

I have bought from you on eBay a couple of times.

Sorry I can't help with the 3A2 / 3B2.

I am also looking for some 56x series plug-ins:

3A8
3A9
3S1
3S7 / 3T7 (ideally the pair with GR interconnecting cable)
3L5 (ideally with the companion Frequency Converter, Tek 015-0107-00)
3L10

Other odds and ends I am looking for:

One 561 CRT bezel and nuts (to replace a camera adapter).
One locking mechanism for a 56x plug-in "Fastener, pawl right w/stop" Tek 214-0052-00.

I am a retired IBMer (33 years service starting as a tech and ending as a technology and competition consultant to marketing). IBM sure bought a lot of Tek scopes, particularly the 453 which was the mainstay for the System/360 line of computers in the 60s and 70s (I don't think I ever saw a broken one). My first decent scope was a 561A/3A1/3B1, although I have actually used a 310 and before that the dreadful Waterman.

I recall making a change to the 3B1 in the 60s. It had one bad characteristic: when switching from Intensified mode to Delayed Sweep mode, the reset of the delaying time base was changed to a "B ends A" mode. This could cause the delayed display to be different from the intensified display if the delaying time base was triggering on a pulse train. I lifted one end of C103 on the normal sweep generator to prevent this behavior. I guess someone at Tek had the same idea, because I have just looked at my recently acquired 3B3 manual, an lo and behold that circuit is gone!

Test equipment is now one of my hobbies and I have a good 56x collection.

Regards,

Cliff Carrie

From: Stan or Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@easystreet.com>
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Vintage Tek scopes anyone
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:32:04 -0700

Hi Phil,

Phil (VA3UX) wrote:

Anyone out there interested in adding some vintage Tek scopes (50x, 53x,
54x, 56x series) to their collections ? I've been offered a bunch,
essentially for free. There are too many for my already well occupied
basement. They are located in Connecticut. Condition as-is.

I'll probably be driving over to pick-up as many as I can within the
next
few weeks.

Phil

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to