Topics

Vintage 7104 with all 4 plugs , lookg for trade or sell

 

Hello guys

I have a 7104 with all 4 plug in, it powers on, but has distorted or out of focuse trace, The sweep appears to work, something wrong with the Trace,
Not sure if its the Plugs ins or not. I have tried some suggestions but no luck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGDOzYwLys&t=45s

I am willing to trade it for a modern Unit, something like a TBS1032B Tektronix

I'm in California, Los Angeles

thank you

Abc Xyz
 

How much?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019, 3:37 PM Armando <@Armando49> wrote:

Hello guys

I have a 7104 with all 4 plug in, it powers on, but has distorted or out
of focuse trace, The sweep appears to work, something wrong with the
Trace,
Not sure if its the Plugs ins or not. I have tried some suggestions but
no luck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGDOzYwLys&t=45s

I am willing to trade it for a modern Unit, something like a TBS1032B
Tektronix

I'm in California, Los Angeles

thank you



 

well, the cheapest I found a TBS1023ZB is 376

so around 350 dollars, I guess I'll let it go.

The Tube and CRT has NO damaged or Marks or SPOTS what so ever,

I know the CRT in this Thing is really rare and in the future will be worth alot more then 350 dollars just the CRT tube it self.

Richard Solomon
 

Those are not the best plug-ins for that scope.
The Time Base may be one of your problems.

I have one with the right ones, works great,
just don't get to use it that often.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019, 3:37 PM Armando <@Armando49> wrote:

Hello guys

I have a 7104 with all 4 plug in, it powers on, but has distorted or out
of focuse trace, The sweep appears to work, something wrong with the
Trace,
Not sure if its the Plugs ins or not. I have tried some suggestions but
no luck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGDOzYwLys&t=45s

I am willing to trade it for a modern Unit, something like a TBS1032B
Tektronix

I'm in California, Los Angeles

thank you



Gary Robert Bosworth
 

It appears to me to be in very bad condition. Where exactly in Los Angeles
are you? I have nothing to trade. What do you want for this unfortunate
instrument???

Gary B.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 3:37 PM Armando <@Armando49> wrote:

Hello guys

I have a 7104 with all 4 plug in, it powers on, but has distorted or out
of focuse trace, The sweep appears to work, something wrong with the
Trace,
Not sure if its the Plugs ins or not. I have tried some suggestions but
no luck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGDOzYwLys&t=45s

I am willing to trade it for a modern Unit, something like a TBS1032B
Tektronix

I'm in California, Los Angeles

thank you



--
Gary Robert Bosworth
@grbosworth
Tel: 310-317-2247

Chuck Harris
 

Except that they are very easy to damage by rough handling,
typically resulting in a distortion in the trace...

-Chuck Harris

Armando wrote:

well, the cheapest I found a TBS1023ZB is 376

so around 350 dollars, I guess I'll let it go.

The Tube and CRT has NO damaged or Marks or SPOTS what so ever,

I know the CRT in this Thing is really rare and in the future will be worth alot more then 350 dollars just the CRT tube it self.



 

I just want a slim Digital Oscilloscope like Rigol DS1054Z Digital Oscilloscopes
They go for around 350 dollars

 

Chuck Harris

I believe the damaged was done by the previous owner, He was a Non Tech guy, He got the scope from a veteran that passed.
He mis-stored it, and it accumulated dust and moist from the Top where the vent is. this is the horizontal sweep board, I believe all the damaged is on this board only,

I'm tested all the Low Voltages, and they all check out with in specs.. But I dont have another scope to check for RIpple

I love repairing stuff, but this beast of Instrument is complex and requires some one with more experience repairing scopes. Could just be Old Caps that dried out.

But the Screen itself definitely shows no burn spots etc.

Tony Fleming
 

I have Aktakome from this seller:
https://www.tequipment.net/RigolDS1074Z.html BUT what they do is that they
install all the functions on your scope - nothing to buy after this
purchase! But one can also download illegal stuff and install all the
functions....
I like to buy my stuff legally, but that is just me.
The question is what kind of stuff you gonna measure?
Do you need 100 MHz or 200....500....?
How many channels do you need? (I like 4 myself and I have my scope for a
long time, but despite playing with Arduino and other small electronics, I
calculated 20MHz * 5 = 100 MHz.
If you like more information, google it, and also search for "what
oscilloscope speed should I buy". And see also this article:
https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/Tektronix12_things_to_consider1.pdf
Good luck with your scope!
PS: Have you considered used, but tested scopes?
Tony

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:02 AM Armando <@Armando49> wrote:

I just want a slim Digital Oscilloscope like Rigol DS1054Z Digital
Oscilloscopes
They go for around 350 dollars




 

Hello Tony

I need something basic, for Hobby , entry level testing, Of basic consumer products like the square wave of the Car audio Amplifiers IC's that drive the mosfets
ESC, electronic speed controllers of electric scooters and things like that. 100 or even 50 mhz would probably be ok. 2 to 4 channels . I dont mind use oscilloscope, as long as it works.

Thx

Tony Fleming
 

OK, what is your maximum investment?
Rigol is a very good start and even more extensive scope than many of the
same kind+price range.
70MHz is good, I would not go any lower speed, but if you can spend the
money, I would 100MHz, if it was me and yes 4 channels!
Go to youtube and watch some videos, before you buy one.
Tony

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:36 AM Armando <@Armando49> wrote:

Hello Tony

I need something basic, for Hobby , entry level testing, Of basic
consumer products like the square wave of the Car audio Amplifiers IC's
that drive the mosfets
ESC, electronic speed controllers of electric scooters and things like
that. 100 or even 50 mhz would probably be ok. 2 to 4 channels . I dont
mind use oscilloscope, as long as it works.

Thx



Reginald Beardsley
 

I'm interested in the scope. I sent a PM, but have not heard anything and I did not get a copy in my mailbox.

Please email pulaskite@... if the scope is still available.

Thanks,
Reg

 

I did not get a PM
Your emall address is missing the domain ?

What is your full email address?