From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeff Dutky
Sent: 16 February 2021 21:01
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] [UK] 545A on eBay - Wigan

That's a very pretty scope. Only one missing knob. A little dirty, but it should clean up nicely.

-- Jeff Dutky

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 07:48 PM, John Shadbolt wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Oscillascope-Tektronix-Type-545A-Collectable-Project-Hobby-Untested-/274685077758
Bidding is picking up so will be interesting if anyone on here is the winner. I see the seller has put their mobile phone number, for anyone from outside the UK you can ring it by changing the leading 07 to +44 7, where + is either a long press of 0 on your mobile or your local country international access code.

I see it was made in Guernsey which is nice.

Too far away for me to offer to be your scope mule :-)

Regards,
John

Colin,

The missing knob is one the left hand lever switch. It's not easy to see. It's a minor flaw.

-- Jeff Dutky

cmjones01

As well as the modified mains voltage switch arrangements, I note that it's
had a different mains connector fitted. These mods are presumably part of
its military history - looks like it's served time at RAE Farnborough (the
Royal Aircraft Establishment).

Chris