Transistor for 1730 Waveform monitor

greenboxmaven

I have a 1730 waveform monitor that has fried the transistor that drives the high voltage transformer. A malfunction in the CRT bias circuit caused the beam current to go too high and fry the transistor. The Tektronix part number is 151-0476-00. Does anyone know the generic equivalent?� I know I can choose one that will work, but using the closest replacement would be best and keep me from chasing two troubles at once. Has anyone compiled a list of replacements for the factory part numbers?

���� Bruce Gentry KA2IVY

adesilva_1999@...

adesilva_1999@...

Page 193 of this manual specifically:
https://w140.com/tek_xref_free.pdf
Do a Ctrl+F for the PN:151-0476-00

toby@...

On 2021-04-20 4:27 p.m., greenboxmaven via groups.io wrote:
I have a 1730 waveform monitor that has fried the transistor that drives
the high voltage transformer. A malfunction in the CRT bias circuit
caused the beam current to go too high and fry the transistor. The
Tektronix part number is 151-0476-00. Does anyone know the generic
The Tek cross-reference says: TIP31C
See page 6-20

I think the cross-reference is downloadable from Sphere's site.

--Toby

equivalent?� I know I can choose one that will work, but using the
closest replacement would be best and keep me from chasing two troubles
at once. Has anyone compiled a list of replacements for the factory part
numbers?

���� Bruce Gentry KA2IVY

If, like me, you can't seem to get search to work in the excellent reference document, I found (by manual examination) the part in question: Tak P# 151-0476-00 is listed as a TIP31C which is 57 cents from Mouser.

-- Jeff Dutky

Tom Lee

If you are located anywhere near Silicon Valley, I can just hand you a TIP31C. I have many.

—Cheers,
Tom

Sent from my iThing, so please forgive typos and brevity.

On Apr 20, 2021, at 1:28 PM, greenboxmaven via groups.io <ka2ivy=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I have a 1730 waveform monitor that has fried the transistor that drives the high voltage transformer. A malfunction in the CRT bias circuit caused the beam current to go too high and fry the transistor. The Tektronix part number is 151-0476-00. Does anyone know the generic equivalent?� I know I can choose one that will work, but using the closest replacement would be best and keep me from chasing two troubles at once. Has anyone compiled a list of replacements for the factory part numbers?

���� Bruce Gentry KA2IVY

greenboxmaven

Tekwiki was the first place I went to, followed by Sphere.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 4/20/21 17:17, adesilva_1999 via groups.io wrote:
You might find in one of these:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Reference_material