Topics

TM504 Front Panels

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mlynch001
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 4:35 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Advice about buying a 7904

Harvey,

Modeling is not going to be an issue, just a matter of the time it will take to create the model. Those more complex front panels would be time consuming. I am not at all adverse to spending the time to do this project, but I would like to have samples of the panels so that I can produce an accurate model the first time.

It is possible to use the slicer program to position the model in whatever position makes best sense. Some slicers even do analysis of the model and position the model in the best orientation for printing. I’m going to work on that simple piece that Dennis is describing first of all. I knew that one of these plug ins had a simple front panel.

I will print these in PETG, since my machines are already calibrated for that material and that will yield a usable part immediately. I am not too fond of PLA, except in applications where durability is not an issue. PLA is extremely brittle and most of it does not hold up well in higher temps.

I have a light grey PETG that might look pretty good for these parts.

Appreciate your comments and ideas going forward.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR