TM500 tester switch - Attn. Jared Cabot.

Colin Herbert

Hi Jared,

I have now (eventually) got what all of the parts for this tester seem to
be. I am however a bit puzzled about the Grayhill switch. Mine doesn't seem
to have anything other than the switch, internal tooth lockwasher and
mounting nut present. I see that you used a set of limiter pins and a foil
sticker to retain them, but these items do not appear with my switch. Such
pins and sticker do not appear on the DigiKey list either, as far as I can
see. Did you actually use the proper Grayhill items and do DigiKey stock
them? If not, how might I go about getting the switch to correctly be a
4-pole, 6-turn switch?

Colin.

Jared Cabot

Hi,

I had the pins and sticker supplied with the switch when I purchased it. Maybe they forgot to include them with the switch when packing them?
All you really need is a two short bits of wire to stick in the holes as shown in the manual to limit the rotation. I think some tinned copper wire, piano wire or even a bit of paperclip could work if it fits.
Some cello-tape would work fine to replace the sticker I think.

Jared

Colin Herbert

Has anyone else had this problem with switches from DigiKey, or am I alone?
Colin.

I have now (eventually) got what all of the parts for this tester seem to
be. I am however a bit puzzled about the Grayhill switch. Mine doesn't seem
to have anything other than the switch, internal tooth lockwasher and
mounting nut present. I see that you used a set of limiter pins and a foil
sticker to retain them, but these items do not appear with my switch. Such
pins and sticker do not appear on the DigiKey list either, as far as I can
see. Did you actually use the proper Grayhill items and do DigiKey stock
them? If not, how might I go about getting the switch to correctly be a
4-pole, 6-turn switch?

Colin.

Shaun M

Colin,

I purchased the parts for this project from Mouser in January of this year. The Grayhill switch we are discussing arrived packed a plastic tube and included the pins, stickers and paper instructions for configuring it.

Shaun M

Colin Herbert

Ah, But that order was from Mouser, not DigiKey like mine. My switch was just in a bubble-wrap bag in another plastic bag.
Colin.